Twister Show Building: Big Enough For An Ride? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister Show Building: Big Enough For An Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are you kidding? From what I've gathered, the preshow is the only part people actually enjoy!:lol:

But seriously, the show is just dull. There's no excitement. No immenent danger. You never feel like the (incredibly fake looking) tornado is any threat to you, which is very different to what Disaster's ride portion feels like and what Jaws felt like. It's just such a passive experience.

Ok what if we kept Twister but instead of a float cow we added a floating shark that was on fire, and tried to gran the audience, and then we add robots! :cyborgt:

Ok scratch all that what if we remake Twister to be

Ghostbusting Twisters to the Future of JAWS Kong!

Where what happens a Giant Stay Puff Marshmellow Man gets in a Fight with King Kong who gets interrupted by a a TWISTER caused by a Delorean Time Machine that drops a shark off to eat the Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Followed by explosions.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? From what I've gathered, the preshow is the only part people actually enjoy!:lol:

But seriously, the show is just dull. There's no excitement. No immenent danger. You never feel like the (incredibly fake looking) tornado is any threat to you, which is very different to what Disaster's ride portion feels like and what Jaws felt like. It's just such a passive experience.

Hit the nail right on the head as far as how I feel about the attraction.

Ok what if we kept Twister but instead of a float cow we added a floating shark that was on fire, and tried to gran the audience, and then we add robots! :cyborgt:

Ok scratch all that what if we remake Twister to be

Ghostbusting Twisters to the Future of JAWS Kong!

Where what happens a Giant Stay Puff Marshmellow Man gets in a Fight with King Kong who gets interrupted by a a TWISTER caused by a Delorean Time Machine that drops a shark off to eat the Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Followed by explosions.

:lol: That. Would. Be. AWESOME! :pound:

I remember the first time I rode it I was intimidated when the tree was struck by lightning and when I saw the twister touching down in the background (it looks very menacing) then when it appeared in front of me I merely thought it was a neat trick..It's a neat concept but it could have been a lot more (dark ride anyone)

if only the ride lived up to the hype that Paxton builds right before! You know, hell spawn demon yada yada yada. He really sells you on it, and then you get in there and it's this really thin dust devil

I am one of the few who enjoy Twister and would love to see it upgraded to include life like effects. And while I do enjoy the attraction I also agree with what a lot of others say about it being corny and dated.

I am one of the few who enjoy Twister and would love to see it upgraded to include life like effects. And while I do enjoy the attraction I also agree with what a lot of others say about it being corny and dated.

I am a fan of the idea of Twister. I am a fan of the Paxton-erific pre-show. I am a fan of everything before the final room. I am not a fan of the final room's effects :lol:

I really do not understand the hate with Twister. It's a great attraction for what it is and it's one of the attractions that has a shorter wait on busier days. That's why I take advantage of it when I go, lol.

lol why do you think it's one of the attractions that has a shorter wait on busier days? Because no one wants to ride it!

Twister would be a good ride if it were set up like Stitch at Magic Kingdom. Having a circular seated attraction with a tornadoe brewing up in the center and have Shrek 4 D or It's a Bugs Life affects with the chairs. That the only way I could see keeping this ride around if it is upgraded. It'll be cool to have a dark ride here. Not a simulator but a dark ride of ET Sorts. Anyway Anyone have any news on this area? I know it hasn't been in the latest rumors and expansions and what not. Didnt want to start a new thread.