Ultimate Marvel Mania | Inside Universal Forums

Ultimate Marvel Mania

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure about 2003, but they did have one in the 70's and 80's from the old T.V. show. It was just as bad as the one in the show.

I found a picture and I have to say the costume is really bad.

68ga2t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
Unfortunately, this was the year I was stepping away from USH (I left in June of 2003).  I remember talk about this stunt show for the Easter Break and found that the reception was rather poor and it would not continue through the summer.

There was a Hulk statue inside the park for years because of Marvel Mania the restaurant.  This statue was originally located near the exit of HOH and was moved near the Animal show exit when the Marvel Mania gift shop took the place of the Animal gift shop.  The name Marvel Mania kept resurfacing to help sell the overstock of Marvel Mania items from when the restaurant abruptly closed in 2000.

Reactions: Jon Fu
I remember the Dare Devil Stunt off the building and characters next to marvel mania store riding ATV's. I remember the giant Hulk breaking apart the AMC letters on the theater on citywalk that was awesome.

Reactions: Bonkers
Remember when USH tried to capitalize on the Marval craze.... we got Spiderman Rocks!  yuck!

I remember the droves of people who entered the park that day and all expected to ride the Spiderman ride in Orlando and instead stood up and walked out on the show during the performance.  Many kids kept asking thier parents, "Where's Spiderman?" during the show.  I also remember the show was so slapped together that there was no soft opening and therefore no buzz given to the local media to push the show.

Reactions: Bonkers
More walkouts than "Creature"? ;)

One of Universal's issues is that many times, it has many many times failed to use cercertain franchises it had or licensed to their full potential. Shrek = Shrek 4D? The whole franchise had so much other potential. I'm surprised they waited so long to bring the Spiderman tech to Hollywood.