Universal Beijing | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Beijing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 10, 2013
So, this thread was bound to come up.

As someone who lived, studied and worked in Beijing for 4 years; I must say that this is awesome for the people of Beijing and for Universal as a global brand....

However, For those who would want to visit it, i must say that there needs to be some unique rides for me to go, because I do not want to return to Beijing. I lived there for 4 years (early 2008- late 2011. Last summer I decided to stay in Shanghai because the pollution was so terrible in Beijing. Worse than I had ever seen, and its only bound to get worse because China has actually loosened the Pollution upper control limits so that there would be less alarms to the citizens and they can go about their day.... Yes you read correctly.

So unless this will be indoor like the Moscow version, I'll pass because unless this is fixed...

However there was a report about how smog is becoming unbearable, rather close, to when it was leaked that Uni will have a Beijing park.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...pollution-as-smog-spreads-across-country.html

So, we will see, because im not going to be on a coaster begging for air due to excitement while breathing in this...

beijing-smog.jpg

A mainland China park is inevitable. And I would bet that the Moscow park is most likely on hold with what is going on in the old soviet block countries.

It will be interesting to see how this development deals with the pollution issues.

While I think it's great other countries are getting Universals, I'm selfish and want the best here in Orlando. (It's the flagship resort after all!)

While I think it's great other countries are getting Universals, I'm selfish and want the best here in Orlando. (It's the flagship resort after all!)

Chances are the flagship resort will expand exponentially in size... They know its the flagship and this is just the beginning to even more massive expansions