Universal Beijing's 2nd gate? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Beijing's 2nd gate?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Couldn’t they do a similar tactic to USF to IOA, spending the years before a second gate expanding the park as they can? I would have to think that’d be a good formula to copy (just not the terrible resort name change part)

Reactions: mccgavin
You read my mind. But at the same time wren't there rumors that USB's second gate would be some sort of water park?
If the article is accurate, the quote-on-quote, second phase, expands the resort footprint by around 500 acres.

Nevertheless, it's not inconceivable that USB receives expansions while the overall resort complex slowly grows to accommodate a second park, its hotels, and other required utilities. Maybe that includes a water park.

I'm guessing that they will both add to the existing park and build a second park, and I do believe this is a contractual thing, plus they are supposedly turning a profit already.

It makes sense to add an attraction or two over the next few years before/as a new park is being built, just like in the US parks. I assume that a new park would have a 2029/30 opening, and that would be a long stretch with no new attractions if they didn't add to the existing park between now and then.

Reactions: TheUniC6
I'm guessing that they will both add to the existing park and build a second park, and I do believe this is a contractual thing, plus they are supposedly turning a profit already.

It makes sense to add an attraction or two over the next few years before/as a new park is being built, just like in the US parks. I assume that a new park would have a 2029/30 opening, and that would be a long stretch with no new attractions if they didn't add to the existing park between now and then.
China has had some issues that were getting in the front of potential expansion but I believe those are starting to get quelled ., but current park expansion rather than a new gate