Universal Great Britain | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully this report about Rachel Reeves speech today points towards the Gov approach to things such as Universal.
"Despite sticking to the gloomy script, Reeves argued a serious “prize” would await Britain from taking the right decisions. There would still be “shovels in the ground [and] cranes in the sky, the sounds and sights of the future arriving,” she said, in the beginnings of a pivot to a more optimistic message."

Reactions: rob@rar
Heavy rainfall in the last 24 hours around Bedford has caused some serious flooding, including a part of the A421 road which will be the main access route to the Universal park. Hope none of our local correspondents are caught up in this too badly. Photos from the BBC:

View attachment 23617

For a close up of the object in the bottom righthand corner of that overhead shot:

View attachment 23616
I saw a single tanker here this afternoon, sucking up water. By my humble estimate, this is going to take some time, especially as water is still flowing off the fields and into the cutting. Me thinks National Highways are going to have to do some serious remedial work.

Hopefully this report about Rachel Reeves speech today points towards the Gov approach to things such as Universal.
"Despite sticking to the gloomy script, Reeves argued a serious “prize” would await Britain from taking the right decisions. There would still be “shovels in the ground [and] cranes in the sky, the sounds and sights of the future arriving,” she said, in the beginnings of a pivot to a more optimistic message."
Rumours in the press today suggest that the Chancellor is considering changing the government’s fiscal rules to make it easier to borrow to make capital investments in infrastructure which will have a long term return. Perhaps this makes it easier to commit to the infrastructure needed for the Universal park.

Rumours in the press today suggest that the Chancellor is considering changing the government’s fiscal rules to make it easier to borrow to make capital investments in infrastructure which will have a long term return. Perhaps this makes it easier to commit to the infrastructure needed for the Universal park.
Rumours in the press also said they’re removing the 25% discount for single occupancy in households and a whole load of others things.

I’ll wait and see.

More opinion in the local news today.

My favorite quote:
"Bedford is not seen as a globally known area. I was shocked they picked Bedford as it's such a rubbish area compared to all the other possible areas they could have chosen in Europe or the UK," he added.
Has anyone asked Universal if they're sure about this place? lol

Heavy rainfall in the last 24 hours around Bedford has caused some serious flooding, including a part of the A421 road which will be the main access route to the Universal park. Hope none of our local correspondents are caught up in this too badly. Photos from the BBC:

View attachment 23617

For a close up of the object in the bottom righthand corner of that overhead shot:

View attachment 23616
Universal offers boat rides to the park in Orlando. They can do the same here. :D

Very likely income generated from Uni will be taxed to help pay it off or Comcast may help fund a portion once approved? I think something like that was done in Orlando for the road expansions around and leading to EU? I know there was discussion about that elsewhere on this site but I can't recall the details of what was shared. I wonder if we'll see a similar deal for this park as well.

Basically once the infrastructure plans and funding are finalized Universal will give the final go ahead. Seems like that's what's holding all this up which makes sense. "If you build it they will come" but they need to be able to get there first.