Universal History | Inside Universal Forums

Universal History

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well that was simply fascinating.

What was Adam 12 you guys talked about at the end there?
It was an audience participation show based off of the classic television show of the same name. The premise was a saloon is robbed by two crooks and the heroes came in to save the day.  That was the show in a nutshell. It was a very popular show, due to the fact that the audience became the actors. I wish USH still did this type of show.

Great interview!

I so so so wish that USH still had GOOD audience participation shows, especially ones like the Screen Test Theatre. What they have in today's SES doesn't cut it...

If they made a new attraction that was a combo of Singapore's Lights Camera Action show, plus the Screen Test Theatre, I think it'd be a hit.

Great interview!

I so so so wish that USH still had GOOD audience participation shows, especially ones like the Screen Test Theatre. What they have in today's SES doesn't cut it...

If they made a new attraction that was a combo of Singapore's Lights Camera Action show, plus the Screen Test Theatre, I think it'd be a hit.
I would love to see an interactive show as well, but how would they market that? Unless they pull a Special Effects and introduce a show with little fanfare in an existing show building, it seems like Universal's trying to latch on the newest, biggest thing.

The original Special Effects show was really something, and it's a shame it's gone. At least Orlando still has their show running...

Yeah, the original was fantastic.

And honestly? How would I market a new interactive show that would be a combo of a special effects demonstration show (backdraft, twister, lights camera action) and the interactivity of the old SES plus Screen Test Theatre, I'd let it sell itself in a way. If you make it exciting enough AND advertise that you get to "act" in the show/demonstration AND then get a copy on DVD or uploaded to Social Media/YouTube, I feel like it'd be a hit! The social media aspect of it would be very important!