Universal Misunderstandings | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Misunderstandings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
I feel like there are tons of misunderstandings that plague universal orlando. Examples being "there isn't enough for kids to do". Why not debunk these false accusations with a thread? Maybe a newcomer will read it and have a change of mind. So anyways lets get this ball rolling

I feel like there are tons of misunderstandings that plague universal orlando. Examples being "there isn't enough for kids to do". Why not debunk these false accusations with a thread? Maybe a newcomer will read it and have a change of mind. So anyways lets get this ball rolling

I guess you didn't see our recent Top 5. :lol:

I've heard people tell me before Universal is nothing but roller coasters, which is so insanely far from the truth and just shows the ignorance some people have.

My personal big one is "there's no universal monsters in the park". You have beetlejuice, monsters cafe and horror make up. You want a ride? Well how about one of the biggest ones in the park, the mummy. Sure you say it's based off an action film but it technically was a horror movie first. Not to mention the countless horror nights houses based off these characters every one or so years. I say the monsters are very well represented in the parks. If they put all those attractions in one land with some theming you'd probably say it's a complete land. Definitely not as forgotten as everybody makes it out to be

My personal big one is "there's no universal monsters in the park". You have beetlejuice, monsters cafe and horror make up. You want a ride? Well how about one of the biggest ones in the park, the mummy. Sure you say it's based off an action film but it technically was a horror movie first. Not to mention the countless horror nights houses based off these characters every one or so years. I say the monsters are very well represented in the parks. If they put all those attractions in one land with some theming you'd probably say it's a complete land. Definitely not as forgotten as everybody makes it out to be

Gotta disagree there. I feel there needs to be a more Classic Monster presence outside of the Cafe. RotM does not count and BJ is not the representation it needs.

I'll note that BJ is not actually a Universal Monster, he is licensed from WB. Though other characters in his show are inspired by Universal Monsters.

But I would like to see all the Universal Monsters and BJ move to Toon Lagoon. :p

Gotta disagree there. I feel there needs to be a more Classic Monster presence outside of the Cafe. RotM does not count and BJ is not the representation it needs.
Oh don't get me wrong they obviously deserves more than a cafe and crappy show, I'm just saying they definitely have a presence. Maybe in another park

They could have monster events.

Disneys night with the villains was plagued with bad press yet the idea is good and the people turned out to see it. Uni could use their monsters to host a hard ticket night Shows, Fireworks, Movie showings on the water screen? or a monsters special. Plenty they could do and I am sure the demand would be there.

They could have monster events.

Disneys night with the villains was plagued with bad press yet the idea is good and the people turned out to see it. Uni could use their monsters to host a hard ticket night Shows, Fireworks, Movie showings on the water screen? or a monsters special. Plenty they could do and I am sure the demand would be there.

So like a Halloween event centered around Horror on select Nights?