Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Monsters: Unmasked
Lurking sixty feet beneath the bustling streets of the City of Lights, the dank Catacombs of Paris house a much darker secret... The all-new haunted house “Universal Monsters: Unmasked” takes guests down into the infamous burial grounds where every corner and crevice overflows with millions of skeletal remains and even more sinister secrets. Deep within the Catacombs, Universal’s most notorious creatures – The Phantom of the Opera, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Dr. Jekyll and his deranged alternate personality Mr. Hyde, and Dr. Jack Griffin, aka The Invisible Man – also lie in wait as they bide their time and seek vengeance against guests after the opening of the Catacombs to public visitation. These desperate and dangerous fiends have become filled with a rage toward guests navigating the twisted tunnels of their underground labyrinth home. It is here, in the darkness, where they hunt these trespassers and where the sounds of guests’ screams will go unheard.

From the podcast:

"So it's been tradition the last few years to have the Universal Monsters visit us, and we're gonna have them again this year. What makes this one very exciting is that it's Universal Monsters: Unmasked! There are four characters that are going to be in this house: The Invisible Man, we also have Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, and both of them are on the run, and they've come to Paris. Well, guess who else lives in Paris? We have the Phantom of the Opera and the Hunchback of Notre Dame. So, we have those four characters all, on the same night, killing, murdering, all the fun things you do. And so when we go into the experience, we're actually going to have, right into the coffin, the police are there, and we get to go underground, we get to go into the Paris Opera House. I'm not gonna give away all the details, but we go subterranean and then we go up into the city itself. So, all four of them, we're gonna have moments with them, and then at the end it's just going to be crazy."

#TeamPhantom!

Last edited:
Invisible Man!? How you think they will do him in the house?

Based on the art, probably the bandages and coat from the original movie.
I can see them doing the same kind of "Void" trick that Hollywood did when they had him in their first UCM house. The actor wore a black spandex bodysuit and wore a UV painted coat, bandages, glasses over them. They were in a room which had a black scrim behind them, and that with the black bodysuit helps give the illusion of a void. They'll probably do that for just showing off the Invisible Man.

However, if they wanna' do a scare with him? Doing something a la' Dead Exposure would be a killer way to pull that off.

I can see them doing the same kind of "Void" trick that Hollywood did when they had him in their first UCM house. The actor wore a black spandex bodysuit and wore a UV painted coat, bandages, glasses over them. They were in a room which had a black scrim behind them, and that with the black bodysuit helps give the illusion of a void. They'll probably do that for just showing off the Invisible Man.

However, if they wanna' do a scare with him? Doing something a la' Dead Exposure would be a killer way to pull that off.

I was about to say, expand the "void" to an entire room or section of the catacombs.

Invisible Man!? How you think they will do him in the house?

They could try this:

The scares don't need to be too complicated for an invisible man.
You can use a lot of misdirection and use clothes on wires for misdirection.
What if they build a puppet system where clothes are assembled like a person wearing them, and hardened by some glue or making them rigid (clothes to become hard in place. ) And use wires or something to move them. Or fishing wire.

People with no budget have made these type of costumes too. There's a lot of ways.
The entire house could be done with puppets and wires for the parts where he's not wearing bandages on his face.

syfuTBs.jpg

pGGpuiQ.jpg

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Who’s to say they are? The house write up nor the podcast indicate they are. They’re just all in Paris, doing their own kill things.
I figured they'd be fighting since the UM houses following 29 have been Vs in some form, but these 4 just cruising around killing is also very fun.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I figured they'd be fighting since the UM houses following 29 have been Vs in some form, but these 4 just cruising around killing is also very fun.
Seems like Hollywood is getting this house

Which makes me wonder if it will be sequel style again
And, what will the plot be. Because if they aren't fighting, what will their plot be