Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, I'm hoping they go all out on the pond located at the upper left section of the development map (specifically what I believe will be connected to the hotel).

I'm hoping that Cranes Roost is the model they replicate for this section, including a complete walkway around it:
latest

Off-topic but wife and I loooooove Crane's Roost - especially during Christmas time.

I don't understand the idea that people won't want to stay at a brand new thematic hotel right outside (inside?) a brand new theme park? :think:. Is it because it's further away from the old theme parks?? What's not clicking?

Looking back at previous pages and speculation maps, do you think Pokemon is still coming or is it part or SNW as that would bring it many crowds and I’m not sure if Trolls will have much popularity left if that gets a “world”.

Too early to know if any of the rides in FW will offer express?

Yes.

Looking back at previous pages and speculation maps, do you think Pokemon is still coming or is it part or SNW as that would bring it many crowds and I’m not sure if Trolls will have much popularity left if that gets a “world”.

I believe it's best to put Pokemon, Zelda, or any other Nintendo property that's not Mario or DK out of the mind right now. Wait till SNW opens next year in USJ.

I don't understand the idea that people won't want to stay at a brand new thematic hotel right outside (inside?) a brand new theme park? :think:. Is it because it's further away from the old theme parks?? What's not clicking?
I guess it’s about convenience to the other Uni properties which is understandable. However the distance between the two is not that far so your not traveling a long way anyway.

Reactions: jrn14
I completely agree with you. The hotel will immerse guests into the theme park itself, kinda like the Mira Costa at TDS which should be awesome and it’s kinda already obvious that it will have its own entrance for hotel guests. I don’t see how that’s so confusing for some people.

If it's going to blend into a land...I could see it being old European themed and blending into Classic Monsters. Not that the hotel will be "scary", but that it will have a Bavarian or Prague-like look to it that fits with Monster Land.

What about theming it to Dracula's Castle and then having the Classic Monsters land in the world closest to it.

Do you think Beetlejuice will have a presence in the Classic Monster area?

Reactions: jrn14
I doubt they would theme the hotel to something so outright "spooky".

That's to bad. I think a "spooky" hotel for families with teenagers could be fun. They would just need to balance it out with another hotel that appeals to families with younger kids.

I believe it's best to put Pokemon, Zelda, or any other Nintendo property that's not Mario or DK out of the mind right now. Wait till SNW opens next year in USJ.

Any chance they build a Pokemon Center in CityWalk.

Reactions: truejonas
I guess it’s about convenience to the other Uni properties which is understandable. However the distance between the two is not that far so your not traveling a long way anyway.

As long as there is transportation between the parks, I don't think the location will matter. I'd wager most folks don't even really know where Disney's various resorts are in relation to the parks. They just book based on price/appeal and trust that Disney will get them to the parks.
I assume things will look the same for Universal. Most everyone just takes for granted that if they book an on-site hotel, it will include convenient, free transportation to the parks.

Okay I know I said this a few pages back, but does anyone actually know if it is true they are making these all Diagon Alley style, aka one way in and out?

Dead end lands make a park experience miserable imo. DA works as it's the only of that nature in the park, but if the entire park is dead ends where you need to turn around, make your way out of the land, into the giant hub, and over to another land...

I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience for an entire day?

Reactions: therock and jrn14
Status
Not open for further replies.