Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to see what Dave has to say in regard to the movement, as it really seems like full speed is ahead.

Such an exciting time, even if patience will be needed; seeing this finally get going is huge in so many ways.

That’s my thinking. I was originally going to say before the end of the year but they have enough announcements to keep social media happy until then. HHN, then Christmas, then HP celebration (probably with the coaster reveal) and then they make the new park announcement.

2019 also makes it seem like the new resort will open sooner when they say in 3 years instead of 4 or however long it will take.

Theme parks on average take 4 years to build. I don't see this opening any sooner than late 2022.

Skip to 22mins 30secs if it hasn't already.

ioa 96.JPG
ioa.jpg

You'll be seeing this land look very similar to above in the next few months. I think 2021 is ambitious but Summer 2022 should be more than feasible. Plus the construction crews don't need to worry about having a theme park next door already plus the challenge of building a new car park that has to work around an existing car park.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.