Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, considering they hid the previous versions - I'm going to assume that they probably want to make sure it works before starting to permanently hide it better.

This is what I hope. Testing prop placement that will go over the official enclosures?

With the "Symphonic Spectacular" subtitle, I would expect lots of John Williams.

As it should be.
Cinematic Celebration was great, but focused heavily on the projections as the main component.

Luminous at Epcot has shown that people really just want solid music & special effects... no need to emphasize projections as the main effect.

Also pretty funny both Luminous and Cinesational will have Symphony as their tagline lol

Reactions: belloq87
Cinematic Celebration was great, but focused heavily on the projections as the main component.

Luminous at Epcot has shown that people really just want solid music & special effects... no need to emphasize projections as the main effect.

Also pretty funny both Luminous and Cinesational will have Symphony as their tagline lol
What it showed with epcot is that projections don't work when you have that many people watching from all the way around a lagoon, especially one that large. Those screens blocked the day views and still weren't big enough for the size of the area.

Projections work perfectly fine for a show with largely a viewing angle from one side. They work fine for world of color and fantasmic. From what I heard, it seems some people had issues with the clarity of the projection fountains at universal, although they looked fine when I was there. Maybe universal with the show updates will improve the quality and consistency of the projections. I can understand plussing the fountains and adding drones as a way to unitize projections less often though.

Like I said I think Universal would have just fixed the previous show if they didn't have a much clearer picture of the show they really wanted to build for the longer term.

I was hoping to find more info about this show. Based on what I've seen, it seems like they're working on something big out there. But I'm puzzled because there's a lack of info about it.

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
They’ve announced no details other than a show is coming. RBLX was just teasing as Universal usually likes to keep info close to the chest until it’s closer to opening.
I seem to remember that the last show debuted in June 2018. So I could see them once again aiming for a June opening date.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I seem to remember that the last show debuted in June 2018. So I could see them once again aiming for a June opening date.
It was July 4th weekend in 2018.

But it seems Brody was looking for something more concrete info than our speculation - to which Universal hasn't provided any just yet.

Reactions: MartinBrody54
I've been reading these forums for a while now and decided to join just to talk about this project. Cinematic Celebration was my favorite theme park show of all time and I am beyond excited for this show!!! I can't remember now, buit somewhere a while back I saw a twitter post about the music being recorded.

The hard thing for me though is I want to be there opening day and booking travel for me is harder from BC. It would definitely be nice if Universal would tell us when this show is opening so we all can plan our summer trips!!