Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve had multiple projects going on at once. If true, they'll have the beauty of EU to help this time around.
I am hopeful we will see another 2012-2013 era of USF where walls where everywhere. But we only saw a temporary loss of 1 attraction operating (Jaws) while Transformers took over an unused space.

So many moving pieces at the moment... would Universal wait to close Simpsons until Rockit is replaced to prevent a significant impact on capacity?

2025 - Rockit Closes
2026 - Rockit Replacement, Simpsons Closure, F&F Closure
2027 - F&F Retheme
2028 - Simpsons Replacement (aka Pokemon)

I think USF is equipped to handle the closure of both attractions, but it'll be interesting what happens.
Wouldn't be too surprised if Simpsons Ride closes earlier than the rest of the land. I imagine they wanna try and milk every last bit of Duff $$$ they can get before putting walls up.

I'm not surprised, but that's -- purely personally -- severely underwhelming if that's all of substance that comes to pass at USF within the next six years.

My main concern with the 2030 is that the last rumor was Simpson would be done before Zelda and that means we have a shuttered land INTO 2030 which seems ridiculous to me.

My main concern with the 2030 is that the last rumor was Simpson would be done before Zelda and that means we have a shuttered land INTO 2030 which seems ridiculous to me.
I still think that the Pokemon replacement to Simpsons would still open in the 2027-2028 timeframe. What Tomfoolery probably meant was that by 2030 the F&F replacement for HRRR and Pokemon will have been up and running.

I wonder if they’d keep the same entrance for this coaster or move it somewhere else, really depends on what space they end up using exactly for this. I’d imagine layout is gonna fit pretty heavily into what they have set forth right now.

I believe Coot is saying he would prefer the replacement be Super Silly instead of FF.
I agree. But he did change his first TF quote to the TF F&F one after I posted. I was responding to the first quote. ....Anyway, I just chipped in so we didn't go in the wrong direction. No big deal. :)

So is this F&F coaster supposed to be built in the same tight location as Rockit? I'd be curious to understand the layout of such an addition.

It pretty much has to be. There's no where else it can go without major changes, which just won't happen.
I mean they had to get pretty creative to fit Hollywood Drift in at USH considering the thing is built on and tailored to the terrain on that hill. They will find a way to fit a thrilling coaster in that space at USF.

I mean they had to get pretty creative to fit Hollywood Drift in at USH considering the thing is built on and tailored to the terrain on that hill. They will find a way to fit a thrilling coaster in that space at USF.
There's a difference between terrain and buildings, which are pretty high up so there's no point of using them anyways. It will using the same space.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95