Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You my friend have not stood in the middle of Production Central during summertime lol
No, I'd avoid it like the plague. As well as the park itself for the most part.

But I have dealt with much worse. Working in 100 degree heat at Six Flags Magic Mountain where it's all concrete & little to no shade. And working at Knott's Soak City, which has zero shade & it was 100 degrees outside.

I'd just repeat to myself:
emily blunt work GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I think it's time we just move on from the park hours argument, for the sake of not going in circles.
EU is full of circles! It's clearly what Uni wants us to do. :lol:

At least replace asphalt with concrete, USF becomes unbearable to walk through during the summer. Probably a hotter park than DAK surprisingly.
On the topic of heat they need to add shade here:
usfhotspot.png
Either that or hold the HHN line somewhere else because at that time of year the sun is beaming hard and there's no shade as the sun is coming from the lagoon side. While waiting to get into last year I had the pleasure of a cloudless day here and it was unpleasant.

I know something permanent can't go there because they still need the open view for the lagoon show. Don't know where they could relocate the line or if they could.

EU is full of circles! It's clearly what Uni wants us to do. :lol:

On the topic of heat they need to add shade here:
View attachment 20834
Either that or hold the HHN line somewhere else because at that time of year the sun is beaming hard and there's no shade as the sun is coming from the lagoon side. While waiting to get into last year I had the pleasure of a cloudless day here and it was unpleasant.

I know something permanent can't go there because they still need the open view for the lagoon show. Don't know where they could relocate the line or if they could.

I think it would be counter-productive to add an awning to the fireworks viewing area

What bugs me about the current state of USF is that they’ve recently gone backwards in the eyes of a cohesive theme park. Shoehorned “Minions Land,” Rockit in NY. The soon to be awkward entrance to ET and addition of it and Animal Actors to Hollywood

We hope for a DCA style overhaul while most the recent changes have been the complete opposite

Reactions: TylerG
We hope for a DCA style overhaul while most the recent changes have been the complete opposite
Yes, but my hope is that some of the more recent changes are short-term fixes while Epic takes the spotlight.

If Rockit's demise is to be believed, that opens up the idea of them giving Minions Land a bit more color/theming with extra space available in the Plaza Stage. As for ET, I really think putting its entrance in Cafe La Bamba (now that it's not being used) would be a great way to give Hollywood a proper ride attraction and put it in the spotlight like it deserves. The building's interior is a great queue space and has more than enough space to attach an exit shop. As much as I prefer Cafe La Bamba's menu items to other locations, there was very little demand for it, even with Mel's closed, so no need to keep that restaurant for capacity.

I also think the park's soundstages could benefit from a repaint soon, they are very faded and could use some color.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think it would be counter-productive to add an awning to the fireworks viewing area

What bugs me about the current state of USF is that they’ve recently gone backwards in the eyes of a cohesive theme park. Shoehorned “Minions Land,” Rockit in NY. The soon to be awkward entrance to ET and addition of it and Animal Actors to Hollywood

I actually think this will be a better entrance. First off bringing it forward will make a decision point earlier on and more people will see it exists. It also will give a longer queue area for express which is needed during busy periods and that area can be pretty hectic during busy season when Animal Actors lets out.

I actually think this will be a better entrance. First off bringing it forward will make a decision point earlier on and more people will see it exists. It also will give a longer queue area for express which is needed during busy periods and that area can be pretty hectic during busy season when Animal Actors lets out.
Well that area is probably going to remain a pinch point if they keep forcing people out through the gift shop (and stroller parking remains where it is now). I'd imagine the current walkway will be split into 3 lines (Standby-Express-Gift Shop entry/exit). No idea on dimensions, but there's only about 5ish feet of space left in that walkway currently occupied by work walls.

If Rockit's demise is to be believed, that opens up the idea of them giving Minions Land a bit more color/theming with extra space available in the Plaza Stage. As for ET, I really think putting its entrance in Cafe La Bamba (now that it's not being used) would be a great way to give Hollywood a proper ride attraction and put it in the spotlight like it deserves. The building's interior is a great queue space and has more than enough space to attach an exit shop. As much as I prefer Cafe La Bamba's menu items to other locations, there was very little demand for it, even with Mel's closed, so no need to keep that restaurant for capacity.
Whether it's through La Bamba or the NBC Media Center, I definitely hope ET gets a new entrance eventually.

Reactions: TylerG
Well that area is probably going to remain a pinch point if they keep forcing people out through the gift shop (and stroller parking remains where it is now). I'd imagine the current walkway will be split into 3 lines (Standby-Express-Gift Shop entry/exit). No idea on dimensions, but there's only about 5ish feet of space left in that walkway currently occupied by work walls.
It was less of a pinch point issue and more of no defined lines for express/standby when animal actors let out since both lines were outside of the existing queue. So pushing the entrance out and extending the defined lines would help.

Yes, but my hope is that some of the more recent changes are short-term fixes while Epic takes the spotlight.

I also think the park's soundstages could benefit from a repaint soon, they are very faded and could use some color.

IDK about La Bamba since that is used for VIP stuff. The only reason it opened was to offset the loss of Mels (and when it hit the very, very peak season). I think Garden of Allah would be the better play.

They attempted to plan a new entrance through the Allah gardens between the media center and La Bamba, but I am guessing operations pushed back. It would cut off backstage supply to the dining and retail locations back there.

I just assumed it was nixed since SNW moved to Epic.

IDK about La Bamba since that is used for VIP stuff. The only reason it opened was to offset the loss of Mels (and when it hit the very, very peak season). I think Garden of Allah would be the better play.
I thought after a full year of using only Fallon/Lombard's, they would be convinced not to use it again. Cafe La Bamba is a fantastic venue in a prime location, needs to be made a public space someway.

They attempted to plan a new entrance through the Allah gardens between the media center and La Bamba, but I am guessing operations pushed back. It would cut off backstage supply to the dining and retail locations back there.
Not saying they don't need an access point, but Kidzone Company shouldn't prevent this from happening. It's rarely open, and when it is, it's not in demand much. SpongeBob sells lots of merch, but doesn't need access to BoH spaces continuously throughout the day.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
it’s also an important TM backstage path and backstage gate to the right of Pizza Co that leads into the park for multiple types of TMs. Who would need to cross a ride queue constantly otherwise.

Edit: Oh, and break areas.
Not saying that it isn't needed currently (or used), but I don't think cutting off that one BoH access point will be a significant impact to operations.

Edit: The biggest users of that area are the DreamWorks characters currently doing M&Gs there, but I'd imagine that'll change once DW Land opens.