Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn’t find a thread on bag policies for USH, so I’m posting this here...

Do you have to lock a Fanny pack on FJ or Mummy? Last trip to UO, my buddy didn’t have to do so for those rides and Hagrids. Wondering if it’s the same at USH. Thanks!

EDIT: Got an answer from USH’s customer service line. Allowed as long as they don’t get in the way of restraints. Also asked about upgrading to AP at the park and they said it wasn’t available. Mentioned the Twitter poster, and they said they hadn’t been told about the policy but to try Guest Relations at the park.

Last edited:
I didn’t find a thread on bag policies for USH, so I’m posting this here...

Do you have to lock a Fanny pack on FJ or Mummy? Last trip to UO, my buddy didn’t have to do so for those rides and Hagrids. Wondering if it’s the same at USH. Thanks!

EDIT: Got an answer from USH’s customer service line. Allowed as long as they don’t get in the way of restraints. Also asked about upgrading to AP at the park and they said it wasn’t available. Mentioned the Twitter poster, and they said they hadn’t been told about the policy but to try Guest Relations at the park.
Just show them your Universal Forums ID and sure they'll give it to you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JawsVictim
If this was already mentioned, I didn't see it, but will they eventually be selling the Platinum APs again? I saw Gold and Silver were mentioned, but not Platinum.

If this was already mentioned, I didn't see it, but will they eventually be selling the Platinum APs again? I saw Gold and Silver were mentioned, but not Platinum.

I'm very interested in this. I wanted to buy the pass but they were disabled. The drawback is they don't become active until your first visit but as someone that works 6 days a week and have to drive 2 hours to get there that's a pain lol

Also asked about upgrading to AP at the park and they said it wasn’t available. Mentioned the Twitter poster, and they said they hadn’t been told about the policy but to try Guest Relations at the park.

Ugh. I’m going on the 27th and we were planning to do this based on that Twitter response that it was possible to upgrade in the park. I’d been holding off, too, in the hopes they’d have become available on the app by now, but then bit the bullet last night. Wonderful.

Hopefully anyone who goes when it reopens that was planning to do it can report back what their experience was like trying to upgrade and what the end result was. Knowing my luck, I’m sure APs will start being sold/upgraded again the day after I’m there.

Reactions: JonsMovies
I’m going April 24 so if that’s before your visit, I’ll report back. I also took a screenshot of the Tweet just in case.

Yeah, kinda wish I had just signed up for AP when they went on sale, but thought it was a better idea to see what it’s like with COVID protocol first.

EDIT: APs are up again on the App.

Last edited:
Reactions: highdefrex
Looks like Platinum is not up. I really hope they bring Platnum back mine expires in July.
I’m going April 24 so if that’s before your visit, I’ll report back. I also took a screenshot of the Tweet just in case.

Yeah, kinda wish I had just signed up for AP when they went on sale, but thought it was a better idea to see what it’s like with COVID protocol first.

EDIT: APs are up again on the App.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Has the website been updated with what will and wont be open and about the rides that have Virtual Qs?

Here is what on the website so far:
While most rides will be operational, some rides and attractions will reopen at a later date as the theme park complies with government restrictions.
Here is a list of our great rides, shows and attractions that are currently scheduled to be open, subject to change:
  • The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash
  • Jurassic World – The Ride
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
  • Flight of the Hippogriff™
  • Transformers™: The Ride-3D
  • Revenge of the Mummy℠ – The Ride
  • Studio Tour™ including Fast & Furious – Supercharged and King Kong 360 3-D
  • Silly Swirly Fun Ride
  • Universal’s Animal Actors

Has the website been updated with what will and wont be open and about the rides that have Virtual Qs?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Here is what on the website so far:
While most rides will be operational, some rides and attractions will reopen at a later date as the theme park complies with government restrictions.
Here is a list of our great rides, shows and attractions that are currently scheduled to be open, subject to change:
  • The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash
  • Jurassic World – The Ride
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
  • Flight of the Hippogriff™
  • Transformers™: The Ride-3D
  • Revenge of the Mummy℠ – The Ride
  • Studio Tour™ including Fast & Furious – Supercharged and King Kong 360 3-D
  • Silly Swirly Fun Ride
  • Universal’s Animal Actors
Thank You

Hopefully Panda Can open up by May and then Simpsons and Despicable me by June

Really don't understand why Minions can't open up day one. The ride vehicles are already socially distanced. Just put one party per vehicle. Same with Simpsons. KFP can have taped circles/squares on the ground for each party that are 6 feet apart in the preshow. Space out the parties in the actual show with 25-35% capacity like movie theaters. Same with the Special Effects Show. And other than not having the performers back and ready, why not open Water World? It's outdoors and easy to socially distance.

Also to note, Studio Tour will only be offered in English for the time being. With only in-state visitors allowed, I guess this make sense.

One other thing, is it me or is the current Silver Pass more restrictive? Like it offers less weekend visits than the pass from 2018? It may offer more weekday visits during peak periods, but offers very little to no weekend visit during peak times. Definitely not the same as prior years. In 2018, I had the Gold Pass for the free parking while the rest of my family had the Silver Pass and we were able to go many more weekends than what's currently allowed.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Really don't understand why Minions can't open up day one. The ride vehicles are already socially distanced. Just put one party per vehicle. Same with Simpsons. KFP can have taped circles/squares on the ground for each party that are 6 feet apart in the preshow. Space out the parties in the actual show with 25-35% capacity like movie theaters. Same with the Special Effects Show. And other than not having the performers back and ready, why not open Water World? It's outdoors and easy to socially distance.

Also to note, Studio Tour will only be offered in English for the time being. With only in-state visitors allowed, I guess this make sense.

One other thing, is it me or is the current Silver Pass more restrictive? Like it offers less weekend visits than the pass from 2018? It may offer more weekday visits during peak periods, but offers very little to no weekend visit during peak times. Definitely not the same as prior years. In 2018, I had the Gold Pass for the free parking while the rest of my family had the Silver Pass and we were able to go many more weekends than what's currently allowed.
I mean, it makes sense to me. Six Flags wants more APs but I think Universal wants to see if it can get more none Aps in the door. I think for now its a bad idea but maybe they think people will just upgrade to gold.

I mean, it makes sense to me. Six Flags wants more APs but I think Universal wants to see if it can get more none Aps in the door. I think for now its a bad idea but maybe they think people will just upgrade to gold.

I'm not even referencing Six Flags since I've never had an AP there. I'm strictly referring to USH APs since I've actually had one in 2018. With the blackout dates they have for 2021, I wouldn't even consider it with all the currently blacked out weekends compared to 2018. The way they currently have it, there's no way I'd have my entire family on Gold Passes when it was only necessary to have one pass with a Gold Pass for the free parking and all others on Silver Passes. I don't see my family on all Gold Passes unless the Silver Passes have more weekend days open or a good deal Costco deal offered.

I'm not even referencing Six Flags since I've never had an AP there. I'm strictly referring to USH APs since I've actually had one in 2018. With the blackout dates they have for 2021, I wouldn't even consider it with all the currently blacked out weekends compared to 2018. The way they currently have it, there's no way I'd have my entire family on Gold Passes when it was only necessary to have one pass with a Gold Pass for the free parking and all others on Silver Passes. I don't see my family on all Gold Passes unless the Silver Passes have more weekend days open or a good deal Costco deal offered.
My guess is they think they can charge the same and give you less (like Disney), I think they are taking advantage of all the who want passes for the next year

Im thinking why the pass situation sucks right now is because they are restricted on capacity and don't want to shut out day visitors. The can always add days to passes if they don't have the demand. Knowing it is a tourist heavy park I wouldn't be surprised they may add pass days and hopefully open up Platinum.

Im thinking why the pass situation sucks right now is because they are restricted on capacity and don't want to shut out day visitors. The can always add days to passes if they don't have the demand. Knowing it is a tourist heavy park I wouldn't be surprised they may add pass days and hopefully open up Platinum.
Sometime in the summer I'll sure they will be back