Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not as busy as last week but times have crept up since 12:00.

I noticed it too. Got stuck with a work meeting for an extra 45 min delay to heading out >:O .

Just trying to hit SLoP and JW before close, really. Grab a bite and a beer too. Finally get to enjoy the perks of living so close to the park!

Edit: Quick report after a fun evening at the park - don’t wait until 10 till closing to head to the lower lot! We got stuck on SLoP and tried to go down there at 5:50 PM. An employee was out front saying the lower lot closed at 15 till. I had no idea, so no JW this trip :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Wait times today:
Jurassic World: 240mins
Studio Tour: 160mins
Mummy: 130mins
Is this really 25% capacity? I know ride capacity is limited and the park only has a few rides, but it doesn’t make sense how the wait times have been absurdly long! Can’t image what’s going to happen at 35%, they need to start loading every row with the same party on rides... hopefully soon.

Holy mother of God that is horrendous. Just checked, and Transformers and Simpsons are also 2 hours.
You know it's fairly bad operations if Harry Potter has the shortest wait of the day.
They definitely need to be organizing per party instead of by row. That's insane.
I was aching to return but with those crowds, I'm staying far away from there until at least late summer.

I think once Universal is able to operate with each party per row, it should be more than fine. It seems like the issue is that they are currently forced to load every other row for most attractions (or in cases like Simpsons, load every party into a singular car. Once that gets settled; the crowds should be..a bit more managable.

Honestly, I'm half surprised JW and the Studio Tour doesn't operate on a per row/per party basis, as they are primarily outdoor attractions (even if they spend periods of time indoors). I suspect if California lifts the restrictions in June, Universal will be able to go full tilt on loading people.

Per USH website. Yes but capacity is limited

For all visits beginning May 17, please refer to the back of your Pass for the link to your specific blackout calendar.
Capacity will be limited, so first come, first served.

So I heard Fresh Baked said that after next week, AP holder’s morning longer have to make reservations to get in? Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Reactions: Freak
Per USH website. Yes but capacity is limited

For all visits beginning May 17, please refer to the back of your Pass for the link to your specific blackout calendar.
Capacity will be limited, so first come, first served.
Are the black out dates online?

Also I see the parks will be open at night finally starting in May on the weekends

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Weirdly enough my pass has more summer dates open than October weekends....I guess it is when they are busiest in a way so kinda makes sense also kinda annoying, lol

We got the same information when we asked... once the AP Preview days are done, reservations are no longer needed. They seemed to indicated May 17 as the magic date.

They further said whatever time you have left on your pass from the closing date (I think March 14) will be activated on your first visit after May 17. In other words, If the park closed on March 14, and your pass was supposed to expire on April 14 of last year, then whenever you next visit the park will be when your last month on the pass will start. So if you didn't go back again until, say October, then that's when your last remaining month on the pass will start. You do have to activate your pass by no later than December 2021.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
We got the same information when we asked... once the AP Preview days are done, reservations are no longer needed. They seemed to indicated May 17 as the magic date.

They further said whatever time you have left on your pass from the closing date (I think March 14) will be activated on your first visit after May 17. In other words, If the park closed on March 14, and your pass was supposed to expire on April 14 of last year, then whenever you next visit the park will be when your last month on the pass will start. So if you didn't go back again until, say October, then that's when your last remaining month on the pass will start. You do have to activate your pass by no later than December 2021.
This is very fair. Really nice if someone wants to skip the summer and go in say October and get the entire Christmas season or wait until end of year and go back when almost no one is going at the start of next year

Thinking I wont be back until June so had 2.5 months left buttttt was on monthly payments so should be able to keep paying monthly and keep going if I want after that time. Hoping by next year the highest pass comes back because that is what I want for Nintendoland

I have family coming in and want to buy passes for the park, they are fully vaccinated, are they able to buy passes considering they are out of state?

According to the Out of state FAQ:
  • Annual Pass products are not currently available for out-of-state guest purchase.
I have family coming in and want to buy passes for the park, they are fully vaccinated, are they able to buy passes considering they are out of state?

I guess its because of other guidelines but weird anyone can't get an AP right now

We aren't reaching Immunity ever, are companies really going to teach the world like its a Pandemic forever now. Why can't they just have you sign something that says you risk COVID by coming here?

Reactions: Freak and Ron101
I guess its because of other guidelines but weird anyone can't get an AP right now

We aren't reaching Immunity ever, are companies really going to teach the world like its a Pandemic forever now. Why can't they just have you sign something that says you risk COVID by coming here?

Considering we're still in the pandemic, it's not really a surprise that they're still operating as such. USH hasn't even been open for a full month yet. I'd say let them continue to find their footing and figure it out before lamenting that they're not moving fast enough when just a few weeks ago no one could get into the park at all.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Considering we're still in the pandemic, it's not really a surprise that they're still operating as such. USH hasn't even been open for a full month yet. I'd say let them continue to find their footing and figure it out before lamenting that they're not moving fast enough when just a few weeks ago no one could get into the park at all.
I mean unless their is a Miracle, it's never ending we will never get to 70+ Percent of people vaccinated in the US let alone the world. Literally no place in the US you can't not just get a shot within a few days, hoping by summer we stop trying to make companies suffer for something that will not happen. If people from out of state have the Vaccine I really do not understand why Universal would not want to sll them an AP but in like two months its different somehow.

Also the loading system just sucks at under 1/3 capacity because of how many people they can allow per row, I'm just ready for them to be able to do it the normal way, John Olive did a great segment about the Vaccine and nothing anyone can do to get people who don't want it to take it...so sign something when you enter and wear a mask or not its on you.

Last edited: