Universal To Start New Advertising Campaign | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal To Start New Advertising Campaign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is beautiful! Universal's really bringing their A-game.

They are indeed, its so much different than it used to be. Glad to see the new advertising campaign kick off for them.

I keep hoping these moves from Universal will start a theme park war - but alas, Disney's still content with their name :pray:

It's been started. Disney has huge plans... I don't think they *quite* get it yet. They are bringing up and building older concepts everyone has been like "Y U NO BUILD" over... I don't personally think they will hold a candle to what Uni is doing... It will take them atleast another 5 years (before they get "it") to catch up imo...

I am kinda wondering what they will replacing a certain show with though.

It's been started. Disney has huge plans... I don't think they *quite* get it yet. They are bringing up and building older concepts everyone has been like "Y U NO BUILD" over... I don't personally think they will hold a candle to what Uni is doing... It will take them atleast another 5 years (before they get "it") to catch up imo...

I am kinda wondering what they will replacing a certain show with though.
They haven't actually green lit ANYTHING yet. The neutered Carland, the Monster, Inc. Coaster aren't the answer. I don't actually see Ratatouille making it Stateside. And from what I have heard of the Star Wars plans I am not impressed. I don't think the aging Demo was energized 25 years ago. And sure they force their kids to watch The Clone Wars, but the are watching, but not "connecting".

Universal posted a 2nd vacation like you mean it video on their Facebook page.

[video=youtube_share;fRegBVTQj3s]http://youtu.be/fRegBVTQj3s[/video]

Let me just say, that I've seen that new commercial a minimum of six-eight times throughout the day already. Definitely being aired a lot more than any previous commercial (excluding Horror Nights)

Let me just say, that I've seen that new commercial a minimum of six-eight times throughout the day already. Definitely being aired a lot more than any previous commercial (excluding Horror Nights)

Yes, and to add to this... it is a national campaign... was aired during the Ellen Show here in Maine yesterday. If they are airing it in Maine, then they are airing in Buttcrack, Idaho too. :thumbs:

Yes, and to add to this... it is a national campaign... was aired during the Ellen Show here in Maine yesterday. If they are airing it in Maine, then they are airing in Buttcrack, Idaho too. :thumbs:

This is what excites me the most. The only reason Disney is #1 right now is because..well it's Disney. Everyone knows about it. While Universal is already popular, I'd be willing to bet a huge chunk of people don't even know it exists. Universal just needs to get known world wide. It has the be the reason more people fly from other states and countries, not just something they do on their Disney vacation, or exclude completely. More and more people every year are saying forget Disney, look what Universal has. Especially when they open up these rumored/on the way kid's attractions and attract the families.

Well to put it this way in Australia, the Universal Orlando Resort is more known and popular then WDW. Mostly due to WDW being fairly unknown out here, as all Disney advertisements are for Disneyland as well as it just being more famous, and WDW is never seen out here unless its on the odd special where a US tv show visits the park, but then many people just assume its the same thing. Many people didn't even know of UOR until the WWOHP and then it exploded out here and everyone seems to know it now. But then we are only a population of 23 million and on the far side of the world.

Finally saw the promo. There's some awesome shots here. Love the Spider-man one taken from above and the Hogwarts reflection shot.

They haven't actually green lit ANYTHING yet. The neutered Carland, the Monster, Inc. Coaster aren't the answer. I don't actually see Ratatouille making it Stateside. And from what I have heard of the Star Wars plans I am not impressed. I don't think the aging Demo was energized 25 years ago. And sure they force their kids to watch The Clone Wars, but the are watching, but not "connecting".

I didnt mean to imply anything in DSH was "for sure" happening, other than the inevitable *something*. They do have plans though... and atleast that's a start. From the "maybes" I've heard I feel they are headed in the right direction, but as for the way things are going thats exactly why I said I don't think they *quite* get it yet...

Bringing any part of Carsland other than RSR to DSH has been all but scrapped entirely last I heard. Current plan being pushed I believe would be a slightly different experience than DLR's which is okay in my book...

I saw this commercial at least 3 times within an hour last night on cable channels (not just the big 4 like they usually are on), so they're definetly promoting this like crazy.

You wouldn't happen to have Comcast would you?

They are fully now utilizing this with the on airtime and the fact that they are in more households than any other cable provider.