Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any more info on 'surprise soft openings for the show?

Not likely, since they are doing a special July 4th thing tomorrow with some "pyro". I guess there's the possibility they may use the fountains during that, but probably not the full new show.

Word going around is there is a chance of soft opening tonight and if they call it off last minute, tomorrow it will most likely open.

I hear the show will be missing a few key effects though that should be added by next week. Also, not all of the fireworks positions are installed just yet so that won't be the full display either.

The tent is going to stay there as they continue to work and improve the show at night.

Word going around is there is a chance of soft opening tonight and if they call it off last minute, tomorrow it will most likely open.

I hear the show will be missing a few key effects though that should be added by next week. Also, not all of the fireworks positions are installed just yet so that won't be the full display either.

The tent is going to stay there as they continue to work and improve the show at night.
Whether tonight or tomorrow, will it be nightly at this point? Or will it be last second for a while?

They need to take their time and wait till it's a good finished product. It seems they're often too eager to open stuff by a certain date, and then they get burned because it's incomplete. What the heck's so important about opening it tomorrow. That's not traditionally one of their busier days of the summer even. Open it next week , if it's done, and then rest on their laurels. I just don't understand where they're coming from sometimes, with hurried incomplete openings. It's not like they advertised a certain date anyway......and, if they want to distract attention from the "attraction that shall not be named'" opening last month, it's too late anyway.

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27
They need to take their time and wait till it's a good finished product. It seems they're often too eager to open stuff by a certain date, and then they get burned because it's incomplete. What the heck's so important about opening it tomorrow. That's not traditionally one of their busier days of the summer even. Open it next week , if it's done, and then rest on their laurels. I just don't understand where they're coming from sometimes, with hurried incomplete openings. It's not like they advertised a certain date anyway.

My only two ideas are to gauge guest reactions and then adjust the show and test guest flow/ops.

Otherwise I agree, a bunch of bloggers will be there reviewing a show that’s incomplete.

Tomorrow, the viewing area open officially, for the Fourth of July fireworks. And, it will stay open, leading for us to not see technical rehearsals for CineCele until either this weekend, or the next.

The fireworks will be happening behind the Music Plaza stage tomorrow, so I don't think they'll have the central park area open to watch them

Reactions: AlexanderMBush