Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get that it fills a few holes in the lineup, but they should have made it longer. This thing is going to get 45+ minute waits for the first few months/holidays and the length of the ride doesn't justify that wait. I can see kids getting annoyed at it.

Not only that, but the best part of Splash Battles is the interaction with other boats. This ride actively blocks that from happening with the layout and props.
I mean kids wait 30 minutes for spinner rides on a regular basis and don't care. My son desperately wanted to wait for this dumb acorn ride at Dollywood that goes up and takes you in a SLOW circle. I let him once and he still asked again, it was a no from me in the future. It won't be the kids that care lol

I actually think not spraying each other will make more parents happy and allow more people to want to go on this ride. I personally hate that part of the battle rides and honestly that was the one ride at Legoland my kids skipped all together other than some really baby rides. They didn't really care to get that soaked. But shooting targets vs me sounds much better in my opinion.

Some Yoshi action from Bio.
Man these pictures really show how far apart the Yoshi are from one another. I am wondering why they decided to do that and not push them closer together to allow more cars and more capacity on the track.

I mean kids wait 30 minutes for spinner rides on a regular basis and don't care. My son desperately wanted to wait for this dumb acorn ride at Dollywood that goes up and takes you in a SLOW circle. I let him once and he still asked again, it was a no from me in the future. It won't be the kids that care lol

I actually think not spraying each other will make more parents happy and allow more people to want to go on this ride. I personally hate that part of the battle rides and honestly that was the one ride at Legoland my kids skipped all together other than some really baby rides. They didn't really care to get that soaked. But shooting targets vs me sounds much better in my opinion.

Man these pictures really show how far apart the Yoshi are from one another. I am wondering why they decided to do that and not push them closer together to allow more cars and more capacity on the track.
I would guess it is so the animatronics/interactivity has time to reset. Capacity is great, but timing a ride is complicated.

I would guess it is so the animatronics/interactivity has time to reset. Capacity is great, but timing a ride is complicated.
I have never been on an onmimover that resets. How would that work even with the spacing between Yoshi. The spacing isn't that much.

I have never been on an onmimover that resets. How would that work even with the spacing between Yoshi. The spacing isn't that much.
Technically Haunted Mansion has a ton of resets. The Dueling Portraits in the Dinner Hall, the pop-up heads in the graveyard, (now) the Hatbox Ghost. That ride just has so much going on, and the actions/resets are so quick, Disney doesn’t care about hiding the repetition of the “scene.”

Similar with all the action triggers in Space Ranger Spin.

Technically Haunted Mansion has a ton of resets. The Dueling Portraits in the Dinner Hall, the pop-up heads in the graveyard, (now) the Hatbox Ghost. That ride just has so much going on, and the actions/resets are so quick, Disney doesn’t care about hiding the repetition of the “scene.”

Similar with all the action triggers in Space Ranger Spin.
I meant full on resets of the scene that mattered that cars were spaced. Like pooh and the smoke ring wouldn't work if your car wasn't in the right position to get that. Not individual effects themselves resetting because they move. What HM does wouldn't be better if the cars were spaced further apart.

Reactions: mccgavin
Wow some of these buildings look ready to open this winter.

Feels like celebrity chef announcements are imminent (if there are any attached to Epic)