Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone else really dislike the Stardust Racers color scheme? I don’t even know what they were going for, the colors are just awful. It would have looked so much nicer with dark blues and purple tracks. And would have brought that “comet shooting through the night sky” element to daytime. Meh, my only gripe.

Does anyone else really dislike the Stardust Racers color scheme? I don’t even know what they were going for, the colors are just awful. It would have looked so much nicer with dark blues and purple tracks. And would have brought that “comet shooting through the night sky” element to daytime. Meh, my only gripe.
I don’t think it looks bad but I do think Voltron and Hyperia are far better looking rides. I’m not really sure how the colors tie into the theming or Celestial Park, but perhaps we’ll learn more!

I think they were chosen to not stand out from HTTYD (will be very visible in the distance), but purple/blue tones would have been better.

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
Genuine question: is SNW going to look like a Fenway Park-esque big green wall from Celestial Park and the rest of the park?

I will look like this.

epic-universe-preview-center-model-super-nintendo-world-1-2000x1333.jpg

I will look like this.

epic-universe-preview-center-model-super-nintendo-world-1-2000x1333.jpg
I wouldn't be so sure. There's a textured pattern on the show building for Monsters Unchained too that I doubt will be added. Remember this model was originally built 5 years ago and a lot has changed since, so I don't trust it as much as recent concept art. (Like that Mario Kart name not appearing on Bowsers Fortress in the final product.)

I mean, it had better be themed at least as much as the portal entrance wall in Hollywood is (which isn't great, but it's not just a monochromatic wall).

I would hope for a lot more than that in a brand new park, though.

Reactions: Clive
TREES

Seriously though, if they add a textured graphic to the big exterior walls I will be pleasantly surprised, but I am certainly not counting on it.
It's just hard to imagine Universal doing something with less effort than Hollywood's version in their shiny new theme park.

But if that's their mindset, then the other couple of areas I've been concerned about (hiding the Monsters and HTTYD show buildings) are really a concern now.

Reactions: TylerG
It's just hard to imagine Universal doing something with less effort than Hollywood's version in their shiny new theme park.

But if that's their mindset, then the other couple of areas I've been concerned about (hiding the Monsters and HTTYD show buildings) are really a concern now.
I’m not gonna worry until I’m there with me own eyes. I’m guessing the sightlines will be better from eyes-on-the-ground than from the aerial constructions views we’re getting — but hopefully that’s not just copium.

Might just be me but I feel like it's pretty obvious that with the windy paths, the amount of trees and other large features that sight lines at ground level are going to be spot on.