Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From the Orlando Business Journal

Here are some of the firms named in documents, the rumored Epic Universe projects and any other available details:
  • Project 902 Classic Monsters: The Whiting Turner Contracting Co. is the contractor. The notice expires Nov. 30, 2025.
  • Project 903 How To Train Your Dragon: Hensel Phelps Construction Co. is the named contractor on the notice, which expires on Jan. 11, 2025.
  • Project 904 Super Nintendo World: Balfour Beatty Construction LLC is the contractor on the notice. The work is set to be done by the notice's expiration on Dec. 31, 2025.
  • Project 910 In-park hotel foundation: DPR Construction with a work contract of $133.5 million. The notice expires March 11, 2025.
  • Project 912 Universal Boulevard hotel: Finfrock Construction LLC with a work contract of $138.3 million. The notice expires June 30, 2025.
  • Project 931 back-of-house site development Phase 1 and 2: Hubbard Construction Company with a work contract for $34.8 million. The notice expires May 1, 2023.
  • Projects 960/961/962 parking lot/public road work site development services: Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. with a work contract of $82.8 million. The notice expires Nov. 15, 2022.
  • Destination Parkway intersectionimprovements and Destination Shoppes access road: Construct Two Construction Managers Inc. has a work contract for $4.79 million. The notice expires May 1, 2023.

There will be soft openings and such before it actually opens. So if you live nearby (or are an internet influencer) you have a good chance of getting in early

Reactions: anihilnation
There will be soft openings and such before it actually opens. So if you live nearby (or are an internet influencer) you have a good chance of getting in early
If it’s like IoA and AK, then attending the soft open requires being gifted a ticket by being/knowing a Universal TM or contractor who helped construct it. Influencers will likely get invited for the Media days.

If it’s like IoA and AK, then attending the soft open requires being gifted a ticket by being/knowing a Universal TM or contractor who helped construct it. Influencers will likely get invited for the Media days.

If the Potter stuff is any indication they'd also probably like to sell early access through vacation packages, too.

I just hope they treat this as a spectacular event just like how Disney does it - show the world the creativity of Universal Creative.

Disney does a great job of increasing excitement around new experiences (Shanghai as the most recent example) with a spectacular opening ceremony and several excitement-inducing previews and events.

It's great that Universal is not trying to replicate Disney in some ways, but this is something they can follow their lead on.

I just hope they treat this as a spectacular event just like how Disney does it - show the world the creativity of Universal Creative.

Disney does a great job of increasing excitement around new experiences (Shanghai as the most recent example) with a spectacular opening ceremony and several excitement-inducing previews and events.

It's great that Universal is not trying to replicate Disney in some ways, but this is something they can follow their lead on.
Well, lets not do it like Disney did with Galaxy Edge...remember?

That means I might have a shot. Fingers crossed for the next 2.5 years.

I'm hoping they just announce that their newest park is "now open" some random Tuesday on Twitter. That would be on brand for them.
Although funny...I do expect the Today Show to be out, Jimmy Fallon to possibly broadcast from Orlando that week (with a bunch of skits in Epic), and a bunch of other special live streams and events to take place. A USA special or two as well.

I feel like there's a wall somewhere in the corporate offices with a "Universal Escape" sign and next to it says "DON'T DO THIS AGAIN"...but written in intern blood