Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The same company and construction team assembling the structure for this one needs to finish here before they can move onto its sister hotel in a couple months. They may both open at the same time in 2025, but Finfrock can't build both at the same time.

3 hotels for 2025?

Comcast is bold

So. . . I knew Japan had to enter SNW from the second level and we see Hollywood enter it from the ground, so why is Orlando entering from the ground and escalating to the second level? Also, looking at the pics, I cannot see, for the life of me, where the escalator(s) will be.

So. . . I knew Japan had to enter SNW from the second level and we see Hollywood enter it from the ground, so why is Orlando entering from the ground and escalating to the second level? Also, looking at the pics, I cannot see, for the life of me, where the escalator(s) will be.
Orlando's is nearly the same set up as Japan's, so we must get to the second level somehow to enter through Peach's Castle, which is up there for this version too.

And the escalator area isnt built yet, the portal will be extended out a little bit further from what is being built now, which is the elevator entry and ground-level exit area to the right of escalators.

That is what is confusing me. If they were able to deviate with Hollywood, why use the same work around for Japan in Orlando when it isn't needed.
Hollywood doesn't really have a second level at all. It uses pretty much all of it, and the entire Mt. Beanpole as queue for the Mario Kart ride.

Just like Japan's version, Orlando has most of its interactive areas on the second level.

Hollywood's land is so small, it's mostly just Mario Kart, the queue for Mario Kart, the exit gift shop for Mario Kart, and a smaller cafe. Any interactive stuff they have is squeezed between these things. Whereas Orlando's will have entire sections devoted to interactive activities.

I think the meat of my concern is why use the same "work around" as Japan when it is not needed? Yes most of the interactive elements can be on the second floor but Do I have to start on the second floor?

More tower cranes

20230117-131749.jpg

And I didn't get a pic, but the racing roller coaster has a lot of large supports going in.

I wonder if they open this hotel before the park? The rate they're going it will be done within a year...

Every time I look at photos of the construction I marvel at how they coordinate so much work happening at once and wonder why some things get done before others. There must be some method to it all.
Think about all the Bathrooms and Heating/Air units that will need to be installed .Not to mention pools that can't go in until crane pads are removed . Never mind logistics of getting that many Beds and Custom furniture to arrive @ right time.

The same company and construction team assembling the structure for this one needs to finish here before they can move onto its sister hotel in a couple months. They may both open at the same time in 2025, but Finfrock can't build both at the same time.
They just built the new Marriott Vacation Club HQ on Daryl Carter and Palm Parkway, and they are building the new DVC at Polynesian as well. Finnfrock is EVERYWHERE right now.

Reactions: Alicia

Wow this is really coming along. The coaster is by far my most-anticipated ride here. They have a similar ride from the same manufacturer at Carowinds and I preferred that ride to the 300-foot signature coaster across the park. It was super zippy and packed with all kinds of different forces—if we can get a ride experience even close to that one (which, why wouldn’t we, this is a more destination park than Carowinds is), this could be #2 to Velocicoaster.

Wow this is really coming along. The coaster is by far my most-anticipated ride here. They have a similar ride from the same manufacturer at Carowinds and I preferred that ride to the 300-foot signature coaster across the park. It was super zippy and packed with all kinds of different forces—if we can get a ride experience even close to that one (which, why wouldn’t we, this is a more destination park than Carowinds is), this could be #2 to Velocicoaster.

I liked Fury more than Copperhead, but I felt Fury was not as thrilling as I expected (with the exception of the drop). I found Mako to have more airtime.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy