Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Swimmers? They need trained dolphins, maybe SEA can spare a few
Austin Powers Shark GIF by reactionseditor

Sorry to compare the two… but…

Berk is Universal’s Pandora I think.
Out of curiosity, in what way? Since for me Pandora is big, pretty looking and has a great quick service, but it's ultimately lifeless with not much kinetic energy to it. And I don't think Berk is going to have that issue with the latter due to the coaster, sky fly's, boat ride etc.

Reactions: tielo
Out of curiosity, in what way? Since for me Pandora is big, pretty looking and has a great quick service, but it's ultimately lifeless with not much kinetic energy to it. And I don't think Berk is going to have that issue with the latter due to the coaster, sky fly's, boat ride etc.
Lifeless? It's got plastic waterfalls for instance.....

I’d be shocked if that video isn’t down by the time I’m done typing this out! Does not seem okay, hope Brandon doesn’t get in trouble.

The footage is outstanding however. All of these lands, huh included, seem so well designed and thought out. The show buildings are gigantic, the hub coaster looks absurd, HTTYD is even more massive than aerials look, I am just beyond excited for this park!

I’d be shocked if that video isn’t down by the time I’m done typing this out! Does not seem okay, hope Brandon doesn’t get in trouble.

The footage is outstanding however. All of these lands, huh included, seem so well designed and thought out. The show buildings are gigantic, the hub coaster looks absurd, HTTYD is even more massive than aerials look, I am just beyond excited for this park!

This has been brought up before. Previous videos are still up and they seem to think they have the clearance to do it.

If they weren't, I'm sure the previous videos would be down without any updates like this.

It does seem dodgy though.

This has been brought up before. Previous videos are still up and they seem to think they have the clearance to do it.

If they weren't, I'm sure the previous videos would be down without any updates like this.

Ya, while it didn’t really show us anything at all, the brief Snapchat inside a show building doesn’t seem okay.

It’s generating hype tho, I’ve shared already with people not on forums and everyone is impressed with the scope of thing so I’d keep it up.

A pat on the back to @Scott W. who was prominently featured on Derek Burgin's Touring Plans Blog article today....Cheers !!!

I’m guessing because it has a lot of rock work and water.

But I don’t think they’ll be as similar as one thinks.

Firstly, let’s get this out of the way. Pandora’s land is stunning and gorgeous. Disney really did knock the theming out of the park. Outside of the water, it doesn’t really have any kinetic energy, but the sounds, fluorescents and scale really make it impressive even after seeing it a hundred times. Name me a better land to walk through at night in all of Orlando. Credit where credit is due.
The land itself is amazing.

That said, HTTYD is going to be the future of “kid lands”. While Seuss has decent kinetics with high in the sky, and Nintendo will top even that, this one is going to be next level. There’s going to be so much going on it’s going to be hard to focus. We’ll all be like little kids.
It’s going to be a perfect mix of high detailed theming (statues, rock work) and camp theming (flat rides, water ride, crowd stands).
Because of the campy elements, I don’t think pandora is a good comparison at all. It’s going to be a hybrid of taking itself seriously (which Pandora does) while firmly being a theme park with obvious visible rides/mechanics.

Yeah, except the footage looks like it was obtained illegally.
Bottom of video: “Disclaimer: all drone footage in this video was recorded by a Part 107 Certified Commercial UAS pilot following the operating procedures set by the FAA”

So while unsure of the legality, it’s filmed by someone whose identity is known.
That disclaimer makes me believe it is legal.

On a side note, while Theme Park Stop and our own Alicia is my favorite for Epic updates, I don’t think there is a better narrator or videos on Disney updates than Brayden. He is very talented.

Between the two of them, they’ve really stepped up the videos from the old days where it’s just a Tim tracker-like vlog. I very much prefer these as I don’t care one Iota about the individuals (or should I say, whatever online persona they want to put forward) but just the content. Different strokes, of course.

*aw poop. Sorry mods for the back to back. Can’t delete/merge. Sorry!