Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These portals are gonna be so elaborate that it’ll be hard to miss or not understand that it’s the entrance to the land.

With the exception of Nintendo, it seems like they are avoiding the Diagon problem of not showing off what's in each portal with clear sightlines across the land.

It looks very different as installed so far. I think it looks best from a distance, but there are very definite variations which I'm not sure are supposed to happen. I almost wonder if the construction crew is supposed to randomize them and isn't, or if different batches are different colors. What's been done so far has one section always looking very violet/purple/red and another section very blue/green/yellow. I assumed they were all supposed to shift color, but it really looks like some are just always some colors. Even in that gif you can see some are red spectrum and some are green spectrum with a definite line between them.

It looks very different as installed so far. I think it looks best from a distance, but there are very definite variations which I'm not sure are supposed to happen. I almost wonder if the construction crew is supposed to randomize them and isn't, or if different batches are different colors. What's been done so far has one section always looking very violet/purple/red and another section very blue/green/yellow. I assumed they were all supposed to shift color, but it really looks like some are just always some colors. Even in that gif you can see some are red spectrum and some are green spectrum with a definite line between them.
I think it’s an abstract mural that will become more clear once more of it is installed. It is not random.

I always loved that from the vids i watched of ppl going to parks with sky flies, it tended to be one of their fav attractions even when the park they visited had coasters. The idea that a flat ride could compete with pricier rides to be someone’s favorite is the dream ideal for a flat ride imo! Hope these are as fun as they sound

This kind of reminds me of the Fearless River at VB. I've probably had more fun on that than anything else there.

New Theme Park Stop video:

Every time I get a YouTube notification from TPS, my day automatically improves 10X. Bioreconstruct is a hero for getting all these pictures, but the way @Alicia puts it all together is the most enjoyable way to consume updates. Thank you SO MUCH for all the research and work you put into each video, Alicia!

Just theorizing here. If the hotel (912) that is currently getting the colored tiles is Stella Nova (Bright Star) then the orange/red portion on the left side of the "mural" could be the star in question. It's looking roundish. The right side is either the sky as seen from a planet or very blue space.

Almost reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night
Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg