Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same as Donkey Kong Country. It’s warp pipe portal entry is at the back of Super Mario Land, and it will be a part of the overall Super Nintendo World.
So I'm assuming it's like... 100% most likely happening now? You talk about it as if it is

Luigi's Mansion will be a quick attraction to add if they base it on Minions Villain-Con (...joking)

Back to construction, incredible rate of progress - all major work looks done to me

Luigi's Mansion will be a quick attraction to add if they base it on Minions Villain-Con (...joking)

Back to construction, incredible rate of progress - all major work looks done to me
I think of Luigi's Mansion as being a updated version of Pets complete with hopefully more accommodating restraints, better capacity, and interactivity thrown in the mix.

Yea I don’t think Luigi’s Mansion is gonna be a slouch by any means. Might even be slightly innovative in a lot of ways.

I understand it’s another shooter which people are sick of already but I’m sure this attraction has a very high budget to truly flesh it out.

Maybe something like a new generation MIB like how Shanghai pirates is the next iteration of its equivalent attraction.

Sorry y'all but I gotta curtail the expansion talk. This is the construction thread after all, so we should only be talking about construction.
Agreed. I want Luigi's Mansion and Zelda as much as the next person.(Actually more. I love those games so much!!) But the new park isn't even done yet. Getting ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: Suchomimus
I think Epic will be the best/aesthetic looking park in Orlando.
I have a couple nitpicky areas of concern (the showbuildings in Dark Universe and Berk, particularly), but I'm optimistic it will rival Animal Kingdom and Islands of Adventure, which I think are the current standard-bearers in terms of Orlando park aesthetics.

I have a couple nitpicky areas of concern (the showbuildings in Dark Universe and Berk, particularly), but I'm optimistic it will rival Animal Kingdom and Islands of Adventure, which I think are the current standard-bearers in terms of Orlando park aesthetics.
I think it'll be comparable to IOA, but I wouldn't compare Epic to DAK. DAK has no areas where it lacks in theming/attention to detail (lacks in ride, but what's there is top-notch quality). There are parts in IOA (and I hate saying Epic) that temporarily remove you from the immersion with visible showbuildings and BoH views.

I think it'll be comparable to IOA, but I wouldn't compare Epic to DAK. DAK has no areas where it lacks in theming/attention to detail (lacks in ride, but what's there is top-notch quality). There are parts in IOA (and I hate saying Epic) that temporarily remove you from the immersion with visible showbuildings and BoH views.
Epic is not complete.

We won’t know until the finish product is done so to say it’s lacking it’s a little premature imo.
It's also disingenuous to compare to DAK which, while well done in its own way, is less ambitious in the variety of themed environments and elevation. Pretty wild to write off EU when the only two "problem areas" are the Monsters showbuilding (maybe!) and the HTTYD theater building (better themed than Nemo?)

I would like to introduce you to Conservation Station.

I would like to introduce you to Conservation Station.
I like to pretend it doesn't exist, but it is meant to be a behind the scenes view of the park's animal operations.

It's also disingenuous to compare to DAK which, while well done in its own way, is less ambitious in the variety of themed environments and elevation. Pretty wild to write off EU when the only two "problem areas" are the Monsters showbuilding (maybe!) and the HTTYD theater building (better themed than Nemo?)
Not calling DAK ambitious is a wild statement as well. It does a heck of a job transporting you into the different regions of the world.

1718635057666.png
This view alone has yet to be matched elsewhere in any park.

I'm not writing Epic off, I was only comparing the level of theming throughout the entire park. The work being done at Epic is fantastic, but there are portions of it that (while it won't have impact on my experience), will be evident at some locations.