Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This may have already been discussed, but what is known (if anything) about EU’s “streetmosphere”?

I assume there will be “meet-and-greets” in the lands (Dragons, Monsters, Mario, etc.) but do we know if there will be pop-up shows (like the Marilyn Monroe singers, the construction drummer guys, etc.) in the hub?

This may have already been discussed, but what is known (if anything) about EU’s “streetmosphere”?

I assume there will be “meet-and-greets” in the lands (Dragons, Monsters, Mario, etc.) but do we know if there will be pop-up shows (like the Marilyn Monroe singers, the construction drummer guys, etc.) in the hub?
I believe the most we have right now is of course meet-n-greets in Nintendo, and that after dark, Monsters will really come alive.

Noting for sure but we know the hub is created to have a parade (maybe during the day and night).
There also should be a festival atmosphere at night so I expect DJ's and maybe live bands to create an adult, festive atmosphere.
My hope is we see celestial beings roaming the hub resembling something you could see at Burning man or an art installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: wizwit
I'm sure there will be light-up costumes for celestial entertainers at night. I have heard creative wanted to have light-up costumes for regular TMs in the hub as well, but that has just proven to difficult/expensive to create and maintain for the wardrobe department to use practically. Even in the time the park was "paused" I know they were designing costumes and sourcing materials and manufacturing for all of the TMs in EU.

Legit question, is this the first Universal park opening without any attractions based on franchises tied directly to Spielberg? I’m sure he’s probably seen at least some of the plans for the park, but nothing is based off a movie of his. Closest connections would be HTTYD being produced by Dreamworks, but that’s still a stretch.

Legit question, is this the first Universal park opening without any attractions based on franchises tied directly to Spielberg? I’m sure he’s probably seen at least some of the plans for the park, but nothing is based off a movie of his. Closest connections would be HTTYD being produced by Dreamworks, but that’s still a stretch.
Well, Universal Hollywood was considered a theme park well before Spielberg was a name anyone knew.

And yet he still gets a cut of the door from Epic due to his contract.

WOW! Even Epic. That has to be the greatest contract of all time. I read he makes approximately 30 million a year from this deal. Factor in Epic and that could make it close to 40 million. Also it's in perpetuity. Crazy. And I thought Aaron Judge made a lot!

Reactions: Grabnar
Disney will always be Disney and have its cult. Universal will create its own cult the same way. The only fight is for market share, but there's more than enough market to go around-- it's just a case of how they split it and if other players from inside and outside the park sphere cut into their business. There's no knockout punch coming any time soon.

Disney will always be Disney and have its cult. Universal will create its own cult the same way. The only fight is for market share, but there's more than enough market to go around-- it's just a case of how they split it and if other players from inside and outside the park sphere cut into their business. There's no knockout punch coming any time soon.

Agree - the only knockout punch Universal (and Aquatica) has actually done is beating Disney in the water park arena, basically requiring them to close 1/2 their parks at a time. It also forced WDW to upgrade the value resorts.

Disney is king in Orlando. All Disney has to do is reveal an electrical parade at MK and it'll receive the same amount of fanfare/media as an entire new park.

Love Universal, but Disney has something that just draws people to it no matter the "dire" atmosphere around the place at the moment. There are a couple of things, but don't want to get off-topic here.

Reactions: GA-MBIT