Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Corporate buy outs are normally 6pm and later, so even if there was a corporate buyout on the day you went, the land you really want to see would be open the majority of the day. The buyouts are typically for conferences and sometimes local company parties. But they are typically in the evening because they are after the conference or work day.

I don't think we should be projecting a horrible day for day guests with such hypothetical situations. No one has ever mentioned virtual queues for lands as a rumor.

You’re totally right with the corporate buyouts.

I sincerely hope you are right that my fears are unfounded. As I explained, I personally hope to visit this park in its first year (nothing broken yet, food items not yet homogenized) and I’m eager to see how projected crowds levels are managed on less-than-perfect days in which a guest may reasonably expect to hit all 5 major indoor attractions.

With Wicked coming out later this year, it would be amazing, if they haven't toyed with the idea already, doing a portal to OZ. It's timeless and they can milk a whole other demographic of Broadway fans. Merchandising heaven too.

OZ and LOTR. Then we're set.

Thoughts?
Oz would be ok, but it's never been very successful in previous theme park attempts.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As this is the General News and Info thread, I gotta remind y'all this is for official news regarding all the ANNOUNCED stuff for Epic.

If you want to talk Blue Sky expansions, I would suggest creating a new thread.

Having said that, it is a little weird we're talking expansion for a park no one has experienced yet, but I digress.

Interesting little article about the advertising firm and spending on advertising for Epic:

Also interesting that the ad company has a London office as well which will be part of the efforts. I assume this will be part of promoting it in the UK and Europe as well as here in the US. I also wonder if they are helping promote the development of the new UK park. Quite often PR/Advertising firms are part of the push for goodwill for a new project.

Interesting little article about the advertising firm and spending on advertising for Epic:

Also interesting that the ad company has a London office as well which will be part of the efforts. I assume this will be part of promoting it in the UK and Europe as well as here in the US. I also wonder if they are helping promote the development of the new UK park. Quite often PR/Advertising firms are part of the push for goodwill for a new project.

They can't do any worse than Universal Escape.

It is kind of wild to think of the money they're about to throw at this, especially when you think of all the foundational work that people like Brian, Alicia, BioReconstruct, and hundreds more on social media who have been building the hype machine on this for over half a decade.

The $40 million budget, $35 million going to digital is kind of staggering to me. Especially when they are already get so much for free from fans.

They can't do any worse than Universal Escape.
Don't underestimate the folks who came up with Scream Squad lol

Our reach sticks mostly within the fandom. The park still needs marketing for general public awareness.
Only way to make the public more aware is for Universal to build a giant LED billboard across Disney's on Sand Lake/I4.

The GP barely knows about Epic. Fandom gets a bit myopic on these matters, and thinks they're the center of the universe sometimes. If this doesn't get advertised big time, no one will show up for the opening, except bloggers and extreme theme park internet hangers. Universal needs to spend lots of money advertising, and advertising is even tougher than it used to be since network TV, radio and newspapers are not the force they were in the past. The ad money gets spread around more now so you need an agency, or agencies, that are 2024 marketing savvy.

I did see quite a few streamers and creators completely outside the theme park bubble reacting and talking about the reveal video, and that was pretty cool. They all seemed to have positive impressions of what was shown off.

I do also remember a few of them asking "Where is this even gonna go?", laughing that "they're making a theme park ride based off that terrible Dark Universe reboot?", and being a bit skeptical about "reinventing the Carousel" or whatever they said about Constellation Carousel in the reveal. Clearly some more work has to be done, the monthly reveal format they seem to have lined up looks like it could be a lot of fun though.

I did see quite a few streamers and creators completely outside the theme park bubble reacting and talking about the reveal video, and that was pretty cool. They all seemed to have positive impressions of what was shown off.

I do also remember a few of them asking "Where is this even gonna go?", laughing that "they're making a theme park ride based off that terrible Dark Universe reboot?", and being a bit skeptical about "reinventing the Carousel" or whatever they said about Constellation Carousel in the reveal. Clearly some more work has to be done, the monthly reveal format they seem to have lined up looks like it could be a lot of fun though.
Speaking of the monthly reveal, when is that supposed to start? Will we get one at the end of this month, or is the next one in March?

I think I remember Alicia saying March, potentially starting with Mario.
Sigh, Mario makes sense, but will be a bit anticlimactic for us uber fans since we already did the deep dive into the land details when it opened in Japan. At least we will get more info on DK

And about advertising, I hope the Super Bowl add is...EPIC!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.