Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think they could take some design from Beijing and apply it here? The NUO hotel looks really cool and relaxing. Prolly out of my price range but just thinking overall some more relaxing resorts would be nice to balance with some of their more “party” themed hotels we got now.

Do we think they could take some design from Beijing and apply it here? The NUO hotel looks really cool and relaxing. Prolly out of my price range but just thinking overall some more relaxing resorts would be nice to balance with some of their more “party” themed hotels we got now.

The NUO hotel was privately designed not by UC. NUO hotel are also more Asian resort style rooms (More spacious with an actually living area ) whereas the other hotel is American style.

Since we're speculating, I'd love to see a half Beauxbatons/half Durmstrang hotel (half art nouveau or art deco, half castle fortress) with a permanent connection to the floo network (via a series of chimneys like in the MoM) leading to a Hogwarts Great Hall restaurant. Yes, we all know Rowling has said no to a Hogwarts hotel. And yes, we know she doesn't want a second Hogwarts. But a floo network-connected Great Hall restaurant would give fans a taste of what they want while avoiding the 2nd Hogwarts issue. But hey, I'd settle for Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, and/or Ilvermorney if they add Wizarding World touches to them.

Epic lands / rides all seem pretty settled, so I am most intrigued by the new hotels:

-Endless Summer is worthy of another entry, they are exactly what Florida vacation hotels should be
-Sapphire Falls is now more luxurious than Hard Rock, Epic could get the new Universal flagship hotel?
-A 2 night immersive experience hotel is a wild card, Jaws themed?

Universal does do lightly themed hotel with it's own style but never does an ip hotel (yet) and it works for them. I think Helios will be the most themed hotel as it is part of the theme park but as the whole hub it will be a unique theme with it's own design.

A Nintendo-themed Cabana Bay-tier resort would probably be a huge hit... if not families, exclusively with me and me alone. :dance: (Really though, I could vividly imagine the larger wing with the water park being Mario-themed, with a larger quantity of families staying there. Then the quieter areas could have Zelda or Animal Crossing-themed rooms... I just think it'd be neat.)

I think what Merlin has down with its Legoland FL resort hotels are perfect and if universal can mimic that , in the slightest, it would be great for any of the properties they have access to. It is very immersive and really no dead areas. If they can do this with one of the long term hotels they plan on building near this site, i think it would be enticing since some of the properties are not really near any of the parks. The immersion could be the plus to stay there.

Other than for the fandom (which is kinda all that is needed lol) what would be special about a potter hotel? The world of potter is essentially the world we currently live in so help convince a person like me, who is a casual potter fan, how a potter hotel could work when we already have hogwarts,hogsmeade, diagon alley and for it to work, according to the potter universe, you cannot duplicate places that area already built by the park.

Other than for the fandom (which is kinda all that is needed lol) what would be special about a potter hotel? The world of potter is essentially the world we currently live in so help convince a person like me, who is a casual potter fan, how a potter hotel could work when we already have hogwarts,hogsmeade, diagon alley and for it to work, according to the potter universe, you cannot duplicate places that area already built by the park.
Easy. Make the rooms look like hogwarts dormitories. They aren't anywhere else in the park. Have a "sorting" into a house when guests arrive.

But that is my point. Technically there is already a hogwarts, far away from where the hotel would presumingly be built. I am looking at this as a totally immersive experience like the star wars hotel. Again, my personal feelings are that in order for a potter hotel to work, it has to be boutique style and cuts no corners so that means it will have to charge a premium and if you are going to charge like star wars you gotta literally be in hogwarts and step outside in the wizarding world.

One of the big problems with an IP hotel is if they lose the IP, or if it goes out of favor, the whole hotel has to go offline. Can't just cycle out rooms for refurb.

But that is my point. Technically there is already a hogwarts, far away from where the hotel would presumingly be built. I am looking at this as a totally immersive experience like the star wars hotel. Again, my personal feelings are that in order for a potter hotel to work, it has to be boutique style and cuts no corners so that means it will have to charge a premium and if you are going to charge like star wars you gotta literally be in hogwarts and step outside in the wizarding world.
Carkitt Market in HP wasn't a thing until Diagon Alley was built and fits in into the atmosphere and world like it's always been there quite well. There's no reason to think Uni/WB/Rowling couldn't come up with something for a hotel that would satisfy canon requirements.

One of the big problems with an IP hotel is if they lose the IP, or if it goes out of favor, the whole hotel has to go offline. Can't just cycle out rooms for refurb.
True, but HP is a safe bet in sticking around as far as the next decade or so is concerned at the very least. If Universal lost the rights to HP, they're going to have to worry about much more than just retheming a hotel. :look:

What I'm most interested in is that dome/observatory (is that what it is or is what I saw on some image a placeholder label?) at the top of this new hotel. Not the big central one but the smaller one off to the side of it. A big part of me wants it to be a planetarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.