Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda and LotR feel too similar, aesthetically. They’re both sword and shield fantasies, filled with castles and monsters. Shoot, Link and Legolas are near interchangeable to a someone casually aware of the IPs. I also don’t think this line-up has enough “whimsy.” UCM is the land with the most universally ubiquitous characters...

Either nest Scooby Doo’s Haunted Carnival in with UCM, or add a Despicable Me land.

EDIT - And I prefer “Mystic Worlds” (or “Mythic Worlds”) way more than EU.
See, that's the problem. HTTYD, Zelda, and LotR are all very similar. So I swapped HTTYD with Panda (which is mystical and still has a dragon). Either fight against that or use that. Here be dragons, monsters, and magic.

To be honest, in the current line up of EU, SNW sticks out like a sore thumb. Tonally, Monsters is dark, Potter slightly less dark. HTTYD, is also visually dark in tone. SNW? DAY-GLO!. It fits better with Trolls somewhere.

See, that's the problem. HTTYD, Zelda, and LotR are all very similar. So I swapped HTTYD with Panda (which is mystical and still has a dragon). Either fight against that or use that. Here be dragons, monsters, and magic.

To be honest, in the current line up of EU, SNW sticks out like a sore thumb. Tonally, Monsters is dark, Potter slightly less dark. HTTYD, is also visually dark in tone. SNW? DAY-GLO!. It fits better with Trolls somewhere.
The viking coast aesthetic of Dragon at least strikes against the “woods and castle” look of Zelda and LoTR. Those two are near identical, whereas Dragon at least has some visual differentiation from them.

And your point about SNW always kinda bugged me too. I think that’s why I’m so high on replacing FB/Potter with something else. Spongebob would probably be the BEST option (especially if they still want to keep it inside), followed by Despicable Me, then rest of the DW catalog. If they insist on Potter, then I’d rather a small Scooby Doo section added to UCM over anything else so there’s some lightening of the mood in that corner.

As long as the worlds are contained, I have no problem with it clashing. If anything, I welcome it to add variety.

Literally lol, of all the discussions that have been had on this topic (and are important) and with all the EU chatter going on rn agreed, we cannot. We all know anyways and if you don't, you won't.

So to move on quickly and help not derail then I'll leave again, uh, uhhhh.... Animal Crossing!!!!
Animal Crossing? Is that a hillbilly restaurant?

Not a single mention of Epic Universe by name during the entire Q3 earnings call... and honestly, that's probably the best news we could've expected right now, all things considered. The pause continues.

I swear, this topic goes back and forth with regards to Nintendo.

Another week or two and decision making should start happening, and maybe we'll have a better idea of timelines in the beginning of 2021.

Most likely. Also I’ve assumed the packed weekends were on purpose to show demand and since it was referenced in the call I think that’s the reason (plus it’s actually not cheaper than a Seasonal AP).

Not a single mention of Epic Universe by name during the entire Q3 earnings call... and honestly, that's probably the best news we could've expected right now, all things considered. The pause continues.
Okay glad to hear you thought this was good news too.... I saw that and was like "Well.... either it isn't happening to the point its not worth mentioning, OR, why mention it because we have no decisions yet?" which I'm happy its possibly latter, gives room for hope haha. If a decision had been made we would've heard, they've been open about EU thus far in my eyes for as much as a corporation is willing to be about their future investments

Great job @Alicia this would be a no-brainer addition to Epic Universe (or KidZone replacement). I really hope they come back to this idea even if not in Orlando. It’s an IP with rare staying power.

HTTYD could get replaced with this and I really wouldn't mind. Sounds pretty great!

This also solves the problem of any Beijing-exclusive KFP deals. It's essentially the same land with another IP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.