Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 379 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting that all the existing lands have an expansion plot that would make them roughly 14 acres each. All except Nintendo - but it does have another whole section of 7 acres next to it…
Very interesting… indeed. Hmmm.

Reactions: Nico
Wow it's crazy how much space there is for expansion still even after the park opens. Every land has some excluding Nintendo world plus 2 big plots for new lands and even a smaller one in the hub.

Hmm I wonder what will be used first? I would guess creature from the black lagoon but the small expansion in HTTYD would also makes sense. The small one in the hub is also where I think illumination will be represented in the park which could be there when it opens since they have mentioned illumination will be in the park along side the other ips lands

It was the CFO who said "Dreamworks and Illumination" as in one entity not listing whats in the park, so I havent put too much emphasis on Illumination having it's own plot, but as ive previously mentioned SLoP does fit that plot with room for a mini land. I also havent included the courtyard section in acreage

Its interesting that all the existing lands have an expansion plot that would make them roughly 14 acres each. All except Nintendo - but it does have another whole section of 7 acres next to it…

If they were to put more nintendo in addition to the other two lands, instead of other parks. because of the fire road, they would have a to build a 17ft (min) high bridge over the road to get into the expansion pad if they wanted them joined up. I personally feel expansion into USF and someday lost continent would be better spread of IP

It was the CFO who said "Dreamworks and Illumination" as in one entity not listing whats in the park, so I havent put too much emphasis on Illumination having it's own plot, but as ive previously mentioned SLoP does fit that plot with room for a mini land. I also havent included the courtyard section in acreage

If they were to put more nintendo in addition to the other two lands, instead of other parks. because of the fire road, they would have a to build a 17ft (min) high bridge over the road to get into the expansion pad if they wanted them joined up. I personally feel expansion into USF and someday lost continent would be better spread of IP

I think Nintendo will spread into the other parks like Potter has for sure.

As for crossing over the road, it's probably not a massive deal as SNW is a multi level land anyway.

Reactions: fryoj
I think Nintendo will spread into the other parks like Potter has for sure.

As for crossing over the road, it's probably not a massive deal as SNW is a multi level land anyway.
kinda goes against how the park is structured though, if you can go into SNW entrance then cross between lands to something else and come out somewhere else

I mean who’s to say Nintendo can’t take up the stuff at Epic, Kidzone, and LC? They have enough IP’s to warrant that usage of space.

I mean who’s to say Nintendo can’t take up the stuff at Epic, Kidzone, and LC? They have enough IP’s to warrant that usage of space.

That is, if UOR and Nintendo decide to make Nintendo lands in separate parks. I would totally love that if this is happening though. That way, you won't have to worry about additional Nintendo IPs contained within one park when space becomes an issue. The LC and Kidzone needs some real do-overs.

Last edited:

I'm still just astounded that they gave that much room to HTTYD. I mean double Nintendo? More than Potter or Monsters? I get the concept that dragons are popular and there's good potential theming, but it's not that popular of an IP. They could have done a Dreamworks land there, hit multiple IP's, and still got the important parts of HTTYD. Or if they wanted a dedicated HTTYD land, give it one of the 7 acre plots. I'd love to hear the reason they made that choice.

Last edited:
I'm still just astounded that they gave that much room to HTTYD. I mean double Nintendo? More than Potter or Monsters? I get the concept that dragons are popular and there's good potential theming, but it's not that popular of an IP. They could have done a Dreamworks land there, hit multiple IP's, and still got the important parts of HTTYD. Or if they wanted a dedicated HTTYD land, give it one of the 7 acre plots. I'd love to hear the reason they made that choice.
I'm guessing their logic is that it's a modern property that they own and serves as a good kidland for the park though I'm annoyed too that Nintendo has the smallest land. Though Nintendo mostly likely will be handle like Potter though adding a luigi's mansion ride in epic would have been awesome.

I would prefer dragons land be split between it and Shrek considering that's the mos iconic Dreamworks property and also my favorite lol.

This is my biggest worry for EU, imo Universal’s more cartoony areas are some of their lesser themed (sorry IOA.) None of the rides in there seem like a huge draw for me personally and I’m not sure how much franchise potential HTTYD has in the long run.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and fryoj
This is my biggest worry for EU, imo Universal’s more cartoony areas are some of their lesser themed (sorry IOA.) None of the rides in there seem like a huge draw for me personally and I’m not sure how much franchise potential HTTYD has in the long run.

Honestly, I think that’s why it’s smart that they went with a theater show instead of a flight simulator. Kids are going to fall in love with the characters from the stage show, then they’re going to walk back out into the land with a new interest.

Im not sure why this example is popping into my head, but it’s like the first time I went to Medieval Times as a kid. I didn’t really care or understand at first. Then I saw the show and wanted every piece of merch. There’a an added connection for a kid when the characters are “real” and in front of them.

I'm guessing their logic is that it's a modern property that they own and serves as a good kidland for the park though I'm annoyed too that Nintendo has the smallest land. Though Nintendo mostly likely will be handle like Potter though adding a luigi's mansion ride in epic would have been awesome.

I would prefer dragons land be split between it and Shrek considering that's the mos iconic Dreamworks property and also my favorite lol.

Yeah a dreamworks land split with Shrek. A boat ride through the swamp is a no brainer. Maybe a splash of KFP. Gives you more IP's to sell merch on, and Shrek definitely had more of a cultural significance. Their most modern franchise makes some sense. But still not "most land in their flagship park" sense.

Reactions: therock
adding a luigi's mansion ride in epic would have been awesome.

Luigi's Mansion would make a total killing in the park. I also wouldn't mind if the ride operates the exact type of entrance Disney's Haunted Mansion would have, such as the sliding doors, the stretching room, and something leading to the ride's operating vehicle. The pictures we see in the room could be totally replaced by Nintendo's humourous photos of Boo and his ghosts, Mario, Peach, and Toad involved in the series. Maybe we'll have a story of E. Gadd and Luigi organizing a team to help them catch ghosts similar to that of the MiB ride, and we'll use the Poltergust 3000 as a weapon in a form of a trackless vehicle to catch the ghosts and save Mario and his friends.

Honestly, I think that’s why it’s smart that they went with a theater show instead of a flight simulator. Kids are going to fall in love with the characters from the stage show, then they’re going to walk back out into the land with a new interest.

Im not sure why this example is popping into my head, but it’s like the first time I went to Medieval Times as a kid. I didn’t really care or understand at first. Then I saw the show and wanted every piece of merch. There’a an added connection for a kid when the characters are “real” and in front of them.
Well mostly likely that simulator will be added eventually in the dragon expansion plot unless they put another flat there. I don't think there's enough room for a dark ride.
HTTYD:
16 books
3 movies
5 specials
and 3 spin off series with more on the way

Its Dreamworks biggest property that they hold rights too that go beyond just the films.
It's definitely got the most content but I would say Shrek is still bigger even though I'm happy dragons is getting a land, I'm little underwhelmed by the choice in rides.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and therock
Well mostly likely that simulator will be added eventually in the dragon expansion plot unless they put another flat there. I don't think there's enough room for a dark ride.

It's definitely got the most content but I would say Shrek is still bigger even though I'm happy dragons is getting a land, I'm little underwhelmed by the choice in rides.

Possibly. The current rumor is that the new head of creative wants to focus on tangible rides instead of screen based ones. I’m in full support if that’s true. A common refrain right now across theme park fans is the parks need more flats/D level attractions, more shows, and Universal knows the public’s perception of them & kids. Dragons hits all of that, and includes by all accounts, a Hagrid level ride for EU. Sounds like it checks a lot of boxes.

Possibly. The current rumor is that the new head of creative wants to focus on tangible rides instead of screen based ones. I’m in full support if that’s true. A common refrain right now across theme park fans is the parks need more flats/D level attractions, more shows, and Universal knows the public’s perception of them & kids. Dragons hits all of that, and includes by all accounts, a Hagrid level ride for EU. Sounds like it checks a lot of boxes.
The expansion plot is not very large, would you prefer a high capacity flight simulator that rivals FoP or a flat ride/low capacity D ticket?

Considering SNW was built with the intention of existing inside room constraints so it could fit in Japan and that is the structure of the games, it would look kinda weird if Nintendo was buillt flat and had a lagoon...not to mention that because of the SNW multi-level floor space, youre getting way more than seven and half acres of land its measured in 2D

I also find it weird that, for all the internet discourse there was complaining that Disney was devoting a whole land to Avatar (remember when people would pull up Google Trends lol), there’s been nothing about a whole park devoted to How to Train Your Dragon, Fantastic Beasts, and the 1920’s Universal Monster movies. I’m extremely curious as to what this park looks like 20 years from now when all but Nintendo has faded into obscurity and the Monsters remain as esoteric (though ”timeless” they may be) as they are now.

I get that Harry Potter changed the game, but this park feels like a Dubai imitation. You expect Disney to miss a step when trying to replicate Potter, but Universal literally invented this and it still feels like Epic Universe is a big misunderstanding as to what made Hogsmeade so successful.

That’s not to say I think it’ll be a bad park…I just think there’s an additional narrative here beyond how successful opening year is and how cool the rides are. The question will be what UO does when the next big thing comes around and they’ve pigeonholed their largest expansion space ever with a few cartoons that kinda sorta had a moment in the 2010’s.

I also find it weird that, for all the internet discourse there was complaining that Disney was devoting a whole land to Avatar (remember when people would pull up Google Trends lol), there’s been nothing about a whole park devoted to How to Train Your Dragon, Fantastic Beasts, and the 1920’s Universal Monster movies. I’m extremely curious as to what this park looks like 20 years from now when all but Nintendo has faded into obscurity and the Monsters remain as esoteric (though ”timeless” they may be) as they are now.

I get that Harry Potter changed the game, but this park feels like a Dubai imitation. You expect Disney to miss a step when trying to replicate Potter, but Universal literally invented this and it still feels like Epic Universe is a big misunderstanding as to what made Hogsmeade so successful.

That’s not to say I think it’ll be a bad park…I just think there’s an additional narrative here beyond how successful opening year is and how cool the rides are. The question will be what UO does when the next big thing comes around and they’ve pigeonholed their largest expansion space ever with a few cartoons that kinda sorta had a moment in the 2010’s.

Nintendo have been making games since the 70s, and is more popular than ever, when will it fade into obscurity do you think?

Where is the Ministry of Magic in Dubai?

Their largest expansion space, is infact.....the largest expansion space in the North East Corner which is almost 21 acres for expansion and not How to Train your Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.