Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 447 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all of that would be pretty aggressive (I'd love to see it, though), but hopefully between 1 - 3 additions along these lines could be added to EU by the end of the decade.

Creature would be my priority.
I think the FB attraction and boat ride are definitely more sure to happen versus the others.

Also the playground addition should be a phase 1 project in my opinion.

I don’t get the whole trackless craze, the effect of not knowing where you’re going is ruined because these things mark up the floor like crazy, and they require a large amount of empty floor space to do anything interesting, which a lot of the time leads to not as impressive sets. Rise is the only trackless ride I’ve experienced where the large open rooms fit the theme. I don’t think any of the lands at EU would benefit from a trackless vehicle ride over a different ride system.
Universal agrees with you.

Universal agrees with you.
Ah. Very true. Also some spaces at USH like the Simpsons Ride plot whenever that ride is retired could hold a large scale ride if they expand over the hill. But thinking about they would likely use the SCOOP ride vehicle instead of a trackless system as a trackless ride (at least a large scale one that is good) could not fit based on the location and size of the plot.

I think all of this sounds about right, except replace Pokemon with LotR.
Pokemon should go in IOA or USF. I wonder what type of ride they should do for HTTYD. There was a patent filed for what looks to be a flying simulator where you sit down like you were on a dragon. But what ride system should they use for a dark ride? Considering the theme I don't think they would use the SCOOP ride system.

Pokemon should go in IOA or USF. I wonder what type of ride they should do for HTTYD. There was a patent filed for what looks to be a flying simulator where you sit down like you were on a dragon. But what ride system should they use for a dark ride? Considering the theme I don't think they would use the SCOOP ride system.
Maybe something like E.T. for the HTTYD dark ride?

That is of course, if this is even happening in the first place.

Maybe we’re getting a bit ahead of ourselves? Monsters is the only land with an explicit “phase 2” in any permits.

Each land has explicit areas of land left for future development , as someone who has pored over very detailed plans for this land and the absence of other possible explanation of why the theatre was place where it is, and grading being the way it is in the space left, it is a helpful confirmation of other info. Remember we are not seeing plans for each project on equal terms, we just got lucky one Monsters plan said future development.

anyway for those who want to speculation, I did actually tweet about this and it's dimensions a while back

Each land has explicit areas of land left for future development , as someone who has pored over very detailed plans for this land and the absence of other possible explanation of why the theatre was place where it is, and grading being the way it is in the space left, it is a helpful confirmation of other info. Remember we are not seeing plans for each project on equal terms, we just got lucky one Monsters plan said future development.

anyway for those who want to speculation, I did actually tweet about this and it's dimensions a while back

I don’t doubt that each land has room for expansion and maybe a future attraction or two already being thought up. I just don’t understand why expansion has been such a hot topic for discussion when the park is still 2 years away, and there’s attractions being built right now that sound spectacular.

I don’t doubt that each land has room for expansion and maybe a future attraction or two already being thought up. I just don’t understand why expansion has been such a hot topic for discussion when the park is still 2 years away, and there’s attractions being built right now that sound spectacular.

Because of amazing reporting, we know as much as we can about the coming attractions. The buildings are being closed up so we’ll be limited in details. I’m open to talking about anything you want for the coming rides. I just don’t have a topic in mind that we A. Haven’t already discussed or B. Isn’t based on speculation/wish fulfillment.

I also keep thinking about the Disney Decade Vs the Universal Decade. We’ve had an embarrassment of riches as Universal fans. Every time we think there’s going to be a lull, something gets announced. Maybe we’ve gotten greedy, or maybe we’re just excited about their continued moves and future progress. Sky’s the limit and all that.

Also, this IS the speculation and wishlist thread.

Because of amazing reporting, we know as much as we can about the coming attractions. The buildings are being closed up so we’ll be limited in details. I’m open to talking about anything you want for the coming rides. I just don’t have a topic in mind that we A. Haven’t already discussed or B. Isn’t based on speculation/wish fulfillment.

I also keep thinking about the Disney Decade Vs the Universal Decade. We’ve had an embarrassment of riches as Universal fans. Every time we think there’s going to be a lull, something gets announced. Maybe we’ve gotten greedy, or maybe we’re just excited about their continued moves and future progress. Sky’s the limit and all that.

Also, this IS the speculation and wishlist thread.
You know what that’s actually a fair point, I guess we do know as much as possible about the coming attractions.

I hope the Dragons theater is themed. Would really hate for this to stick out like a sore thumb ala Poseidon's Fury lol.

(I say this as someone who doesn't care for sightlines, but it'd be nice if it was themed.)

I hope the Dragons theater is themed. Would really hate for this to stick out like a sore thumb ala Poseidon's Fury lol.

(I say this as someone who doesn't care for sightlines, but it'd be nice if it was themed.)

Is the show building that obvious? Whenever we talk about replacing LC the only downside I see would be losing the theming of Poseidon’s.

Reactions: tielo
Is the show building that obvious? Whenever we talk about replacing LC the only downside I see would be losing the theming of Poseidon’s.

From the front of the facade, it's not noticeable. It's noticeable from Hagrid's, walking into LC via the Seuss Bridge, and across the lagoon from MSHI and Toon Lagoon.

Poseidon's Fury is arguably one of the best facades in a theme park (I would put it in a top 10 list).

From the front of the facade, it's not noticeable. It's noticeable from Hagrid's, walking into LC via the Seuss Bridge, and across the lagoon from MSHI and Toon Lagoon.

Poseidon's Fury is arguably one of the best facades in a theme park (I would put it in a top 10 list).

I think this is one of the benefits of EU’s design. Having closed off lands really allows creative to control sight lines and directionality. But agreed, I hope the theater has all the same awe factor as Poseidon’s does within its land.

What I am wondering is if the show inside is a direct transplant of the one in Beijing or something totally new. I am hoping for the latter but have a gut feeling it's the former.

Reactions: belloq87
What I am wondering is if the show inside is a direct transplant of the one in Beijing or something totally new. I am hoping for the latter but have a gut feeling it's the former.

I'm sure it'll have a few differences, but the theater's design looks like a copy of the one from Beijing (obviously won't be themed as the Chinese Theater here).

I'd like an iteration that builds on some of the (great) elements of the Beijing show.

But more a 2.0 than an entirely new concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.