Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 464 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question came to mind and I don't think it's been discussed. Where is the Steven Spielberg stuff in Epic? I'm quite sure he has been promised something right? Maybe he does the creature attraction?

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
If Spielberg has any involvement at all, I would expect it's at a "Come look at our design concepts and tell us what you think" level.

I don't believe he's been significantly involved on an attraction since Spider-Man. He had input on Transformers, but that was an extension of Spidey. I'm sure he consulted on the Jurassic World overlay in Hollywood, but again... he already had significant say on that attraction's first iteration.

If Spielberg has any involvement at all, I would expect it's at a "Come look at our design concepts and tell us what you think" level.

I don't believe he's been significantly involved on an attraction since Spider-Man. He had input on Transformers, but that was an extension of Spidey. I'm sure he consulted on the Jurassic World overlay in Hollywood, but again... he already had significant say on that attraction's first iteration.
He had at least some involvement in Velocicoaster too correct? I could’ve sworn there was an article that claimed this.

He usually has one meeting for new things. In this case, I have to imagine it would be for the entire park. He comes in, looks at stuff. Says what he likes. Offers a single suggestion that blows everyone's mind and improves the project in some measurable way. And moves on to his next meeting.

Honestly, it's a good gig if you can get it!

He usually has one meeting for new things. In this case, I have to imagine it would be for the entire park. He comes in, looks at stuff. Says what he likes. Offers a single suggestion that blows everyone's mind and improves the project in some measurable way. And moves on to his next meeting.

Honestly, it's a good gig if you can get it!
I know it’s minimal compared to his involvement with opening day USF and some other attractions, but it’s still super cool that he’s involved with the project at all.

From the news thread....

1678490685078-png.18505

First, the carousel. It's a carousel.

Starfall confirms the coaster name. Not sure which one the oak and star is, maybe the bar?

Cure of the Werewolf is the coaster name, so I'll spill some stuff I've heard - the actual focus of the ride is on another group and the werewolf is more ancillary. Take that for what it is.

And lol they actually did it those fools did it - Dark Universe. Chef kiss dot gif

From the news thread....

1678490685078-png.18505

Starfall confirms the coaster name. Not sure which one the oak and star is, maybe the bar?

Cure of the Werewolf is the coaster name, so I'll spill some stuff I've heard - the actual focus of the ride is on another group and the werewolf is more ancillary. Take that for what it is.

And lol they actually did it those fools did it - Dark Universe. Chef kiss dot gif
So like, the coaster/we are the werewolf and we’re being chased away by villagers type thing?

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
From the news thread....

1678490685078-png.18505

Association aside, Dark Universe is an awesome name for a land.

So the wolfman is ancillary? More focused on monster hunters perhaps? Van Helsing?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Dark Universe in Universal Epic Universe. That's really clunky. Why would they want to be associated with a filmmaking initiative that crashed and burned?

Also not a fan of that Monsters coaster name for a variety of reasons, not just because the Wolf Man should be distinct from "werewolf," but particularly because it confirms that whatever the storyline is will be, essentially, nonsensical.

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
Status
Not open for further replies.