Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 516 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was young and thinking of Nintendo Theme Park ideas I always thought of stuff like going to an Animal Crossing town and seeing a K,K, Slider concert live. I think seeing the Squid Sisters and the other Splatoon Idols perform are also fun ideas.

And yeah, in recent times I've heard a lot of my friends wishing for a live Pauline concert and I think that'd be a lot of fun!

A little Animal Crossing area, maybe with a very tiny dark ride, taking over the Toon Lagoon theatre area would be great. Great transition between TL and Marvel.
I would always love more Nintendo, but I think Animal Crossing deserves a Small World-style boat ride, and with a Zelda boat ride going in next door I'd rather see Toon Theatre get a show instead.

Care to elaborate?
Sure!

I look at this from a financial and a logical standpoint. For something of that scale to be pulled off, it will take a lot of bodies that have to be paid for just for a 5 min or so set. I understand disney likes to do coronations for new princesses' and such but historically, universal has not highlighted an attraction or did special performances to welcome and IP into the fold. I don;t know how to explain this one but Universal seem to stay "in character" "in theme" in their parks. Even when they have special character meetings, they are strategic in which park they will feature the character. THere is no cross promotion of attractions from IOA in US and vice versa. THey don;t even highlight attractions in the same park so I doubt they would want a special show geared to mario in US and not to mention the confusion they could cause when people think mario is IN the studios. Speaking of marketing and promotion, UNiversal doesn't do more inside marketing because you are already there. It is more beneficial to spend the budget on billboards, tv spots and radio. Doesn't make sense to market mario to people who are probably going to epic anyway. One final thought is nintendo isn't the only new IP coming to epic so why highlight one over the other?

So if you want to do something like this, its best fit for Epic where nintendo actually is.

UNiversal doesn't do more inside marketing because you are already there.
Boy do they love marketing inside their parks with the giant "Over at the park" signs or the HHN commercials playing in the HHN queues lol

I can guarantee there will be some sort of Epic advertisements within both Studios and IOA gearing up towards opening with a focus on Mario. Nothing grand, but I would expect some signs, preview merch, etc.

It’s probably a dinner show. Everyone enters same time. Everyone served at the same time. One show during the meal happens for everyone at the same time.

A complete dining experience, so not going to compete with the restaurants in the land.

Now that I think about it, I guess the justification would be floo network? It would of course be funny when they tell you you can't explore the rest of the school, ha.

Reactions: graspthesun
Now that I think about it, I guess the justification would be floo network? It would of course be funny when they tell you you can't explore the rest of the school, ha.
Well clearly we are honored dinner guests, but Fluffy has broken into the school and is roaming the halls so the rest of the school is unsafe for the next hour or so until we can lull him back to sleep so we must remain in the great hall for our muggle safety.

Of the 3, Pokemon would definitely be the biggest draw for the general public. (sorry Zelda fans)
IMO Pokemon should go to USF whether it's a land, mini land or standalone ride. It balances out the resort better to have a Nintendo IP in all 3 of the parks. Plus once IOA gets Zelda Studios will be in need of something badly to draw more guests back to it.

I don't think this thread is the right one for it, but if we're talking about it...

S-Tier: Mario and Pokemon. Nothing else they own can come close to the recognizability of these two. These should have no problem getting into the parks and making great lands.

A-Tier: Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, and Donkey Kong Arcade+Country. DKC would be C tier but gets the boost because of people's knowledge of the arcade game, the connection to Mario, and just how solid of an idea Mine Kart Madness is. A DKC subland is perfectly reasonable. Luigi is just more Mario, as well as being a solid ride idea. Zelda has always been a bit more niche than Mario, but is still one of the biggest and most recognizable gaming franchises out there. It might take longer than A-Tier but I don't doubt these will all be implemented somewhere in a big way.

B-Tier: Kirby, Animal Crossing. Recognizable and popular, but not nearly as much as S-Tier or Zelda. Kirby seems like the next thing after the Big 3, but I don't see a full land coming. Maybe a few off-the-shelf kiddy attractions and a Meet and Greet, but I suspect Universal will throw the bone to Illumination/Dreamworks before either of these get in. That said, a lot of merch will be sold of these, and they will probably be really popular M&G attractions if implemented.

C-Tier: Nothing really comes to mind. Most Nintendo franchises are either very popular or incredibly core and niche.

D-Tier: Metroid, Star Fox, Splatoon, Pikmin. Not popular/recognizable enough at all to justify a full land/ride over others but with just enough niche popularity to point them out above F-tier franchises. You might see a little bit of merch of these IPs, specifically Pikmin/Splatoon. I would be very surprised to see a Samus M&G.

F-Tier: Punch-Out!!, F-Zero, Mother, Xenoblade, Game & Watch, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus. Incredibly niche and/or aging properties that often require longterm commitment with the game/series to have proper understanding of the IP. Very little to no icon status. You could make a wonderful BTTF-style ride based off of Kid Icarus or a really cool dinner-theatre experience with Punch-Out!!, but the audience is minimal and returns will be small. Merch will be nonexistent outside of trace references to the Switch, Wii, NES, and Game and Watch devices. If Samus doesn't get a M&G, what chance does Captain Falcon, Pit, Ness, or Shulk have?

I think Nintendo lands will stop at Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, with the sublands of DKC and maybe a Luigi's Mansion expansion to SNW. We might see a regional Legoland-style Universal park a la Fresco incorporate some Kirby or Animal Crossing, but we are probably never going to see a Metroid or Splatoon ride outside of Japan, if ever.

I don't think this thread is the right one for it, but if we're talking about it...

I think Nintendo lands will stop at Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, with the sublands of DKC and maybe a Luigi's Mansion expansion to SNW. We might see a regional Legoland-style Universal park a la Fresco incorporate some Kirby or Animal Crossing, but we are probably never going to see a Metroid or Splatoon ride outside of Japan, if ever.
I sadly agree with this

I think the odds of Animal Crossing or Splatoon happening are more likely than Kirby. While Kirby is popular, he's only partially owned by Nintendo, and any implementation of that IP may not be able to fall under the Super Nintendo World brand. As much as I love the Kirby games, I don't think they would lend themselves particularly well to a land or attraction. Bringing over the Kirby Café from Tokyo or some sort of store would probably be the best option.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.