Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Y’all always want more original stories

I agree. Especially as I imagine that it'd give a chance to fully create something themed with Frankensteins Castle, which we only get so much time of with the original 1931 Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein.

Frankenstein Village | Horror Film Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

And, likely said village. Buildings look even somewhat similar from concept art, and the windmill we can see. Exciting stuff.

I will be gutted if we don't see a part of the village uses inspiration from Hollywood's Little Europe sets, especially in a small and compact sense.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
The plus of this is Frankenstein castle is beautiful. Now, for the Kuka arm, knowing it can grab from angles other than those used in HPATFB, how would y’all want it to be grabbed by? Dream ride vehicle/story?

Personally, Frankenstein as a film was a massive leap for Universal that helped push the Monsters to become a massive brand for Universal Pictures. Seeing it get the main face as opposed to Dracula, is understandable in a few ways (to not confuse people with Hotel Transylvania, especially if most of the Universal Monsters will be represented); and it fits Murdy's love for the creature and said film.

Not to mention, it can be easily represented as a main attraction; with the vehicles being one of Dr. Frankenstein's newest creations (especially as it's seemingly being the 2nd gen of the Kuka Robocoaster system).
The Dr. Frankenstein you’re thinking of won’t be creating new stuff.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Epic Universe seems fully dedicated to 1 IP for the actual lands, which is perfect for consistent immersion. Just, bring all the characters in on the ride haha

Reactions: Legacy
The plus of this is Frankenstein castle is beautiful. Now, for the Kuka arm, knowing it can grab from angles other than those used in HPATFB, how would y’all want it to be grabbed by? Dream ride vehicle/story?

Personally speaking; while I do hope it's not just an upgraded version of the Benches (which is entirely possible if you ask me), that UC works with Dynamic Attractions on incorporating the system as a 8-person ride car attached to the robotic arms.

Why? Y’all always want more original stories

I don't follow.

I certainly don't want the main ride to be a "book report" style thing. For one, none of the original movies actually feature ALL of the Classic Monsters together, so that would be basically impossible to begin with; a certain of amount of invention is going to be necessary for the ride's storyline to get them all together.

I do, however, want Universal to attempt to capture the look and atmosphere of those movies and not futz around with it more than is necessary to translate it into a theme park land.

If we get a Frankenstein's Castle that looks like this...
5161c444003687b02bc2a6cf05016bb2.jpg

... I will be more than satisfied.

Igor and the Son of Frankenstein (Wolf) taking over the lab? And Dr. Frankenstein and the creature trying to stop them?
As I said...
People are assuming we're visiting the castle *in the past.* Sons are so overplayed though.

How many theme park attractions pass the Bechdel Test?
I mean, the movie takes place in 1931. I'm fairly certain Dr. Frankenstein would be dead by now, and his son wouldn't be up for a high-speed thrill ride/chase through the castle and grounds.

The "Present Day" thing is what's throwing me. What is gained by making the land -- which should be all about an "old world" sort of mood -- set in the modern day? What is the story justification for setting it now?

If there is no justification, why set it in present day at all? The original movies span GENERATIONS... yet always seem to occupy a very nebulous time period that never moves too far forward. The same approach could be taken here.

The "Present Day" thing is what's throwing me. What is gained by making the land -- which should be all about an "old world" sort of mood -- set in the modern day? What is the story justification for setting it now?

If there is no justification, why set it in present day at all? The original movies span GENERATIONS... yet always seem to occupy a very nebulous time period that never moves too far forward. The same approach could be taken here.
The 10 Most Beautiful Towns in Bavaria, Germany

upload_2019-10-2_21-53-34.jpeg

I mean... Bavaria hasn't changed that much.

That is true, but it just leads back to my ultimate question... if the choice is not being made because of aesthetic reasons, why is it being made?

Note: I hope I'm not coming across as argumentative for the sake of it. I'm just extremely invested in what Universal is going to do with this land!

Reactions: therock

You know, modern day Europe architecturally still looks as close to the past..

That is true, but it just leads back to my ultimate question... if the choice is not being made because of aesthetic reasons, why is it being made?

Note: I hope I'm not coming across as argumentative for the sake of it. I'm just extremely invested in what Universal is going to do with this land!

If we want to go deep, it could easily be a story revolving on the past clashing with the present, seeing how people would react to the Universal Monsters being active and as the monsters they've been led to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.