Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 513 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Luigi's Mansion version of Monsters Inc: Ride and Go Seek would be absolutely phenomenal and I hope it happens. I don't think anyone would complain about multiple interactive rides outside of the online Universal community. The expansion pad would probably be divided evenly between Nintendo and Monsters.
Monsters has its own expansion pad to fill. So that area between SNW and Monsters will most likely go to either SNW or something completely new.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
A Luigi's Mansion version of Monsters Inc: Ride and Go Seek would be absolutely phenomenal and I hope it happens. I don't think anyone would complain about multiple interactive rides outside of the online Universal community. The expansion pad would probably be divided evenly between Nintendo and Monsters.
I mean personally I love interactive rides. So I don't think they could ever have too many of those.

I've had the idea for a MiB X Haunted Mansion-style Luigi's Mansion ride forever and it would be so incredible to see it happen.

Jumping in the Professor's new Poltermobile 5000, entering the mansion, and using the vacuums to suck up animatronic and screen based ghosts while moving room to room. Transitioning from the Foyer by riding up the stairs like a reverse Haunted Mansion window scene, up to the Kitchen with flying food and smell effects, to the ballroom where you spin and dance with the ballroom ghost couples and Shy Guys, maybe making a stop to the backyard and meeting up with Polterpup before a climactic battle against King Boo on the Roof to save Mario, and finishing back in E. Gadd's lab with an animatronic Mario, Luigi, and Professor E. Gadd congratulating you while holding your newly created (and moving!) King Boo painting. All with a new kind of shooter ride gameplay thru the mechanic of having to pull running Ghosts towards your vacuum like a Ghostbusters Proton Pack and the haptic feedback as you hold the Poltergust vacuum and feel the Coins and Ghosts getting plucked into your controller with a distinct and fun bounce just like the wonderful Arcade game. And in-between the Universal Monsters and Super Mario lands? I don't think there is a more perfect ride idea.

Two of the most popular ride concepts in one (Shooter and Haunted House), with a successful and very popular IP ripe with potential for theming and effects, and with the perfect spot and connection to an existing land established? I would go bonkers for this thing. This idea feels as obvious as Mario Kart, Mine Kart Madness, and Pokemon Snap.

For anyone who is uninitiated with Luigi's Mansion, this video is a decent sampling I think. It's the first 10 minutes of the first game of the series. It's relatively quick and gives a taste of the vibes, aesthetics, and the character of E. Gadd which are all definitely a part of the larger Mario Universe, and wouldn't be out of place in Mario Kart/Party/Sports etc, but a good bit distinct too and recognizably different. I'll leave anything more to other fans here, but trust that even if this video seems a bit tame that the series has grown exponentially in style and ideas and there are countless things to draw from. Giant spiders, haunted sets of armor, man-eating plants, Bodybuilding ghosts lifting real physical weights, ghosts haunting Toy Soldiers with little rifles to aim at Luigi, piano-playing spirits that cause sheet music to form around the room like tornadoes, etc. I love these games!

So I just arrived at Dockside for a one night HHN trip before our Disney/Half marathon portion. Saw a universal person leading a group of people with lanyards around Dockside. All the lanyards had EPIC written on them. What is that for??

I've had the idea for a MiB X Haunted Mansion-style Luigi's Mansion ride forever and it would be so incredible to see it happen.

Jumping in the Professor's new Poltermobile 5000, entering the mansion, and using the vacuums to suck up animatronic and screen based ghosts while moving room to room. Transitioning from the Foyer by riding up the stairs like a reverse Haunted Mansion window scene, up to the Kitchen with flying food and smell effects, to the ballroom where you spin and dance with the ballroom ghost couples and Shy Guys, maybe making a stop to the backyard and meeting up with Polterpup before a climactic battle against King Boo on the Roof to save Mario, and finishing back in E. Gadd's lab with an animatronic Mario, Luigi, and Professor E. Gadd congratulating you while holding your newly created (and moving!) King Boo painting. All with a new kind of shooter ride gameplay thru the mechanic of having to pull running Ghosts towards your vacuum like a Ghostbusters Proton Pack and the haptic feedback as you hold the Poltergust vacuum and feel the Coins and Ghosts getting plucked into your controller with a distinct and fun bounce just like the wonderful Arcade game. And in-between the Universal Monsters and Super Mario lands? I don't think there is a more perfect ride idea.

Two of the most popular ride concepts in one (Shooter and Haunted House), with a successful and very popular IP ripe with potential for theming and effects, and with the perfect spot and connection to an existing land established? I would go bonkers for this thing. This idea feels as obvious as Mario Kart, Mine Kart Madness, and Pokemon Snap.

For anyone who is uninitiated with Luigi's Mansion, this video is a decent sampling I think. It's the first 10 minutes of the first game of the series. It's relatively quick and gives a taste of the vibes, aesthetics, and the character of E. Gadd which are all definitely a part of the larger Mario Universe, and wouldn't be out of place in Mario Kart/Party/Sports etc, but a good bit distinct too and recognizably different. I'll leave anything more to other fans here, but trust that even if this video seems a bit tame that the series has grown exponentially in style and ideas and there are countless things to draw from. Giant spiders, haunted sets of armor, man-eating plants, Bodybuilding ghosts lifting real physical weights, ghosts haunting Toy Soldiers with little rifles to aim at Luigi, piano-playing spirits that cause sheet music to form around the room like tornadoes, etc. I love these games!

Can they please hire you???

In a perfect world, I thought about a future expansion and for that to be Legend of Zelda, but to have a massive section. You enter in Hyrule Castle Town, with the "Castle Weenie" that is Hyrule Castle Towering over, giving Disney a run for their money.
Then you can go right or left and it takes you to a different section. Going Right can be Kakariko village, with Death Mountain. (I've seen how Beijing made the Jurassic Mountains. They can do it, just twice it's size).
-With an indoor roller coaster going through a fire temple in the mountain.

Going left will be Kokiri Forest, with Great Deku Tree. Walking in can be a indoor dark ride, OR a roller coaster that's not too thrilling that goes through the forest.

I really think this Wizarding World serves 2 purposes:

1. Contractually obligated to do something with the Fantastic Beasts, hence Paris.
2. Building the rides and experiences they want to but have no current room for, no Paris connection needed.

Interesting. This either goes against what I heard or compliments it.

As far as the concept itself. If they stick strictly to the books it would be four looooooong tables (one for each house). But that is really tough to pull off in a restaurant.

Edit: And what if everybody wants to eat at the Gryffindor table and nobody wants to eat at Hufflepuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.