Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of each member's own "Wish List" of what they'd like to see come to fruition at the new park.

While there are "no wrong answers", please keep discussion limited to speculation on what is generally known about the new theme park expansion as it gets ready to open in 2023.

So is it a Wish list, or for discussion about what can really happen? The way you worded that, I just am not sure which you meant.

Cause someone is going to roll out a 6 paragraph plan for the the entire park to be themed to Laika properties.

So is it a Wish list, or for discussion about what can really happen? The way you worded that, I just am not sure which you meant.

Cause someone is going to roll out a 6 paragraph plan for the the entire park to be themed to Laika properties.

Think of it as Blue Sky with Restrictions. We're trying something new here to try to rein in the reckless speculation that has been a bit of an issue recently. :lol:

If Classic Monsters is in the top left, the rumored walk through attraction and Kuka arm ride sound just perfect in my opinion.

I hope SNW stays the same.

That coaster I hope is themed to HTTYD or Trolls, seems fun.

Fantastic Beasts id love an ET type ride that goes through all the "lands" inside Newt's suitcase that makes us meet all the Beasts.

Everything looks incredible! So exciting!

Seeing there is a dueling coaster, I just want there to be some kind integrated metal detector system where it won’t be as much as a pain. I would also like them to have the lockers at the front of each land so that you would not have to worry about your bags for each ride within the land, which would allow you to be fully immersed once you are inside.

Looks like a big show building/amphitheatre next to what might be Classic Monsters (top left)
Would love some kind of monsters show. Maybe a return of Beetlejuice?

Dreamworks is going to have to be the first to expand...I'm sorry but 4 IPs total in the pack based on that image....and dreamworks you cut out movies that actually did much better in the box office and merch sales than HTTYD (Trolls, Madagascar, Panda, and Shrek), it extremely limiting

My one main wish is for some kind of slow transport ride or similar. Whether it's a boat like Island Skipper Tours or TDS' paddle steamers, or some kind of raised tram like Seuss Trolley or TTA, they do so much for the atmosphere and kinetic energy of a park. Having seen the vibe of the hub area I think it'd be the perfect accompaniment.

One thing I am concerned about, one the expansion pads are filled up, how will they expand the park? Will they just continue to expand the 6 IP’s they have? Besides that-Wish list? I don’t know why they won’t build a Bikini Bottom Land because that could be a BIG hit with merchandise and food. I’ll take that land over anything (except Nintendo)

I'm obsessed with Diagon Alley so I wouldn't be mad at all if FB replicated the feel of the land.

That said, I'd prefer a British MOM over the Paris MOM (which I don't think is going to happen). If anything, maybe it'll be the secret underground circus area in Paris with a tour of Newt's suitcase (seconding what previous posters have said).

My dream blue sky.
~ SNW is exactly how it was shown in the models.
~ Classic Monsters has a kuka arm ride showcasing most of the classic monsters in a terrifying haunted house attraction.
~ I haven't seen FB so I don't know what to do with it.
~ The HTTTYD ride is not a Motiongate clone. Thank god.
~ The hub area is much more like another world, with the dueling launch coaster as its pull-in, as well as a carousel, planetarium show, loads of restaurants and shopping and a nighttime spectacular at the big fountain.
~ There will also be an entertainment center in front of the park with free access, however it will not be as big as CityWalk.
~ A second hotel near the entertainment center.

The glass building in the middle is likely a restaurant.

EA5H_VvX4AEc7_3.jpg:large

I think people need to remember this art can and will change when it comes to the DreamWorks area
Ya... HTTYD encompassing the entire land could change very easily. Feels very "Fantasyland 2.0 with Cinderellas cottage" before 7D to me.

Pretty much. I thought I wouldn't like it when I first heard about the idea, but the execution doesn't look too bad.
We won't know execution until it's built. It could (and likely will be) a giant cluster F.

Are we thinking the two circular buildings below the glass building could be flat rides?

Let's try to rein the threads a bit - so this thread discusses informed speculation and wishful wants. Think of it as the next evolution of the Blue Sky/Expansion News threads we recently locked.

Use this thread: Universal's Epic Universe News & General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums for official news, aka matter of fact information.

I know since it's all new and happening at once, it's hard to determine exactly what goes where, but we want to clarify what each thread is for. We're adjusting as we go as this is an unprecedented discussion.

Last edited:
Looks SNW is in the bottom left of the concept art. If that's indeed the case, it looks like that large building appears to be the ride building for Mario and then it looks like the whole Donkey Kong area in the back, so I'm hoping we get Mario, the Donkey Kong coaster and the Yoshi omnimover!!

Status
Not open for further replies.