Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I hear your point more. For my point however, I have not seen Universal do something with a Scoop that is drastically different than Spider-Man, doesn’t mean it can’t happen, they have yet to show that. I’m taking very specifically about a Scoop vehicle, also, as it’s an extremely unique ride system, that hasn’t seem to be expanded upon. I understand the layout is different so for the engineers and Universal it’s more complicated and different, but do most guests even know about that? I only do from here.

So idk if that makes sense but I actually agree with you overall, I hear what you’re saying about stages. I don’t know many live shows outside of theme parks where the stage itself moves however, but I hear you.

to me, comparing the 'scoop' used in Transformers to the Scoop used in Spiderman is like comparing Soaring to Flight of the Passage. The ride vehicle in Transformers is far more advanced than the one used by Spidey, The transfomers vehicles have a lot more movement -- there is nothing wrong with improving upon a good idea, taking what you have learned to take things to a next level.

Reactions: RevFreako
to me, comparing the 'scoop' used in Transformers to the Scoop used in Spiderman is like comparing Soaring to Flight of the Passage. The ride vehicle in Transformers is far more advanced than the one used by Spidey, The transfomers vehicles have a lot more movement -- there is nothing wrong with improving upon a good idea, taking what you have learned to take things to a next level.
Agreed, we just haven’t seen it done yet!

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I think it’s also important to remember this is a lot of “first world problems” discussion. 99% of guests don’t care if a ride uses the same system as another ride as long as that ride is fun
I do think they do notice similarities when they aren't traversing a ride path (i.e. Simpsons, Fallon, DMMM)...and after 3 it starts to become a trend in people's minds

I really wish they had another great dark ride or two to break things up in people's brains

But yeah, people don't notice similarities between Spidey and Transformers

I don’t mind having it around either, but a 3rd round of it that isn’t drastically different doesn’t sound super duper appealing to me. Just wanna see it used more like Indy

Id argue both of them already are used like Indy.

I’m all for another SCOOP ride. Hell, I’d put the JW one in IoA. Don’t much care that Spider-Man is already there
I do think they do notice similarities when they aren't traversing a ride path (i.e. Simpsons, Fallon, DMMM)...and after 3 it starts to become a trend in people's minds

I really wish they had another great dark ride or two to break things up in people's brains

USF is another beast, but I’d also argue that the big issue there is most of the rides that feel same-y there just aren’t very good

I think by "more like Indy," what was meant was "Use the vehicle in a ride that isn't projected media reliant."
Yes exactly, mainly set and AA based, at least a very chunk more so than the current rides, which, JW Adventure from Beijing may very much bring.

my family of course doesn’t speak for all guests but they noticed the similarities upon the load station, so I beg to differ but that’s my own experience with my family and family friends. Imagine if Bumblebee and Megatron were AAs a la Kong? Imo that’d separate the experience enough

my family of course doesn’t speak for all guests but they noticed the similarities upon the load station, so I beg to differ but that’s my own experience with my family and family friends. Imagine if Bumblebee and Megatron were AAs a la Kong? Imo that’d separate the experience enough
I'm sure some people do

that's why I think Universal should continue diversifying with outdoor coasters and maybe two dark rides or so

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Supposedly the final Optimus was meant to be physical like the dead Megatron, but was changed last minute to better match the action scenes. The screen is at more of an angle and closer than they usually would want as a result though, (especially from the closer of the two elevators, as the parallax is working hard as you approach).

Supposedly the final Optimus was meant to be physical like the dead Megatron, but was changed last minute to better match the action scenes. The screen is at more of an angle and closer than they usually would want as a result though, (especially from the closer of the two elevators, as the parallax is working hard as you approach).
That’s always bugged me how the background warps from the closer VTU, it would help if they had different squinching based on which elevator you came out of.

I know I'm late, but my take on the whole "too many reused ride systems" thing is that it really doesn't matter. How many of us will actually be thinking that while on the ride? My home park is Busch Gardens Tampa, and when I'm riding Tigris the last thing on my mind is "oh this is too similar to Cheetah Hunt". As long as it's not a cloned layout with a very similar story, 99% of people won't care.

Also, after watching videos on the newest Plopsaland coaster, I'm really hoping one side of those dueling coasters is a Mack controlled Extreme Spinner. Probably not gonna happen but a roller coaster fan can dream.

Oh yeah lol I meant Optimus w/Bumblebee, don’t know my Transformers all too well. That’s good to hear that they intended it at least. Does make me curious regarding JW Adventure because it’ll be interesting to see how those all match up between the sets and screens.

The rollercoasters is part of what sets Universal apart from Disney and the GP love them. I am sure whenever they do surveys they get people saying they want more rollercoasters. It makes sense to have a few in each park and cover a range of thrill levels between them.

Spiderman was revolutionary when it opened and probably an even bigger hit than expected. Though there's more differences with Transformers than may be easily noticeable, the pacing and excitement are on similar formulas. There's no rule they can't use the RV in other ways. You know what I mean a dark ride is just some sort of cart or vessel to transport guests between the different scenes. As to why Transformers was added to Orlando too it just happens to be something they already had that fit an available space when Comcast was looking for what could be "fast-tracked" to make sure the existing parks were complete.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.