Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take, if we’re gonna get more JW, frankly, tear down Kong post epic and bring JW Adventure there if the ride is good. Re-do the river adventure, then you got 3 JW E-tickets, huge draw for IOA.

After Velocicoaster I don’t really need an entire other Jurassic land elsewhere since they’ve already blended the Jurassic’s together. I only imagine HTTYD is replaced by Trolls, KFP, or maybe Shrek. I don’t see them abandoning Dreamworks.
They're not going to tear down a ride that's a few years old that guests like.

And DreamWorks can go elsewhere. None of those properties will generate the $$$$ Jurassic would.

My biggest issue with Epic Universe is do they have the ability and the need for an entire new park? As much as I would love a third park (not including VB) will they be stretched too thin? Universal needs a lot of attention imho in the coming years. Many of the rides are getting old and what if they loose Simpson's and Super hero area due to Disney now owning the rights. Also areas like near E.T., Blue Man Group and Poseidon Adventure needs replacing. Not including rides that are duds like F&F, Shrek. Universal needs the next big thrill ride and many others.

Having been there last week, yes. They absolutely need a third park to spread out crowds. IoA needs little. A show in one of the empty theaters is all the park really needs (Marvel isn't going anywhere). USF needs work, yes. But they think it can skate by on Diagon, Transformers, and being virtually connected to IoA (and again, seeing the crowds last week, they're probably right).

Is it, though? The Jeep plans were for a sprawling, mostly outdoor attraction.

It's a ride through the park featuring AAs and ends with the predators breaking out and chaos ensuing. It's the same type of concept, whether it's indoors or outdoors.
Hot take for me, if Dragons is going for the sake of another IP...why not Pokemon? Outside of a few IP's, Pokemon's one of the biggest IP's in the world. Giving it the megaland, feels like a great opportunity to go all in on the Pokemon branding.

Have it be a Fantasyland level land, with the biomes represented in small lands, depicting and featuring Pokemon, with the E-Ticket being an all ages attraction going after Team Rocket. Have all the generations represented in one unique and varied land.
Probably don't want more than 1/2 the park being outside IPs.

It's a ride through the park featuring AAs and ends with the predators breaking out and chaos ensuing. It's the same type of concept, whether it's indoors or outdoors.

I mean, when you reduce things down that way, you can make many attractions sound similar.

My preference would be for an outdoor attraction (or one that is significantly outdoors) over another Spidey/Transformers riff (if that's what Beijing's ends up being).

My preference would be for an outdoor attraction (or one that is significantly outdoors) over another Spidey/Transformers riff (if that's what Beijing's ends up being).
I'll take the one that has the ability to have better/more articulated AAs and scenes.

The Beijing ride is only a "Spidey riff" if you judge it by the ride vehicle.

Yea I don’t think it’ll be like Spidey. But I’m not thinking it’ll be as practical as some out there are thinking other than the finale. It’s not 3D, so that already makes it different.
Oh I did forget it’s not 3-D, interested to see how clear the screens are then for this one.

I do feel if they’re doing a Scoop, non 3-D, big set finale, they could easily translate that to another IP, doesn’t just need to be JW in Epic I would think.

... I stand by my preference for an outdoor attraction! I'm pretty much over "SCOOP + screens" in new configurations, even if dressed up with a small assortment of animatronics.

But this is really a discussion in the abstract, because I don't think any of us really believe JW has a chance of coming to Epic Universe.

... I stand by my preference for an outdoor attraction! I'm pretty much over "SCOOP + screens" in new configurations, even if dressed up with a small assortment of animatronics.

But this is really a discussion in the abstract, because I don't think any of us really believe JW has a chance of coming to Epic Universe.
Outdoor AAs always look bad tho.

And yes, JW probably won’t be there. But it’s a better choice than Dragons or any potential DreamWorks property

More so it’s the rides aren’t built universally for children. HTTYD is very much focusing on a younger crowd.
HTTYD’s rides are a launched coaster (would require a height requirement), a flat ride with a 48in height requirement, and a boat ride that in other places has a 36in height requirement. I don’t see a JW land having substantially different child appeal.

Again, this is all academic, but I think you’re overestimating how child friendly the HTTYD land is as we currently know it.

HTTYD’s rides are a launched coaster (would require a height requirement), a flat ride with a 48in height requirement, and a boat ride that in other places has a 36in height requirement. I don’t see a JW land having substantially different child appeal.

Again, this is all academic, but I think you’re overestimating how child friendly the HTTYD land is as we currently know it.
I think comparing those rides to a Spider-Man ride isn’t fair minus the Coaster, as any coaster will have its non riders, same with a ride like JW Adventure.

The flat rides are mostly unique and young child friendly, and seem far more interesting than the JW coaster. Plus, a show, which anyone can do.

I was also a kid though once, I very much understand your point haha. More so, the type of ride designs I genuinely see as different. I don’t see drives of adults without children wanting to do all those attractions, which I kinda think is the point with this land/park.

Regardless, fun debate. If the original rumored Gyrosphere ride worked maybe we’d get that and Velocicoaster at Epic Universe instead.

The flat rides are mostly unique and young child friendly, and seem far more interesting than the JW coaster. Plus, a show, which anyone can do.

I mean, both of those rides could easily be slotted into a JW land tho. They don’t take up much room, and are cheap. Also, re: Adults don’t want to do them, think again

You’re also assuming the show is happening, which Alicia hinted it might not be.

I just think a whole land based off a largely irrelevant property with no media on the horizon makes way less sense than a cornerstone property for the company that is still loved by kids (especially if Camp Cretaceous is included) and will be relevant going forward.

I mean, both of those rides could easily be slotted into a JW land tho. They don’t take up much room, and are cheap. Also, re: Adults don’t want to do them, think again

You’re also assuming the show is happening, which Alicia hinted it might not be.

I just think a whole land based off a largely irrelevant property with no media on the horizon makes way less sense than a cornerstone property for the company that is still loved by kids (especially if Camp Cretaceous is included) and will be relevant going forward.

You already have a Jurassic land though, but if we're doing the relevant IP thing again, not saying you want this but we know a large majority of people on this board want original lands, thats basically this if you want to look at it that way, I just don't get that argument. If HTTYD was meant to be THE anchor, then sure that argument is worth it but Jurassic stuff has already been done. I want new things!

Honestly JW Beijing Mountains are disappointing to me, I feel Berk will be much more pleasing on the eyes.

Again, aren't people complaining about the WDW parks becoming homogenized?

While I'd still love for a Vekoma family suspended (customized for higher capacity--think two lift hills and a brake run outside the station) instead of what's planned, EU will really be missing something if HTTYD gets cut. It interests me a heckuva lot more than Pokemon and Spongebob, and like Skip says I think they'd want at least 50% Uni owned properties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.