Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTTYD is no more dated than an original land would be--which people want anyways. Ratatouille and Tron aren't exactly relevant franchises either.

Watch this turns out to be everyone's favorite land.
6AEE9758-99E1-4D5E-AC2A-E99B1E69433A.png

HTTYD is no more dated than an original land would be--which people want anyways. Ratatouille and Tron aren't exactly relevant franchises either.
If original lands aren’t happening, and they’re not, I’d rather have lands based on IPs that won’t make people go, “That? Really?” on opening day.

If original lands aren’t happening, and they’re not, I’d rather have lands based on IPs that won’t make people go, “That? Really?” on opening day.

That, and I also don’t understand the logic in pigeonholing yourself creatively. Say the next Harry Potter comes along—you could probably squeeze a ride into generic medieval land, but you’re pretty SOL when you’ve gone balls to the wall with How to Train Your Dragon.

And for what? A few extra dollars (maybe?) in merch sales and a slightly more recognizable cartoon character to slap onto a commercial?

This is my biggest issue with Pandora too—awesome alien planet land with absolutely nowhere else to go creatively.

Again not sure why we really need EU at all. Just bring Nintendo back to the area next to E.T., get rid of Fear factor and add the new broomstick and maybe the Ministry of Magic attached to Diagon Alley and fix Fast Furious as a indoor/outdoor coaster. Then come up with a new IP/ride to replace Shrek and eventually the Simpsons area. Add Zelda where poseidon adventure is and call it a day. I watch the update videos of the construction going on and looks almost the exact same since 2019. I know they stopped construction during the pandemic but at this rate are they still on track for an opening of 2024/25? To me that's sounds very aggressive timetable. I know the parks are packed now but I don't think they mind that as it just means more dollars signs to corporate.

we are really getting an argument for *less themeparks*

Pandemic brain is a thing yall.

It's not that they want less theme parks, it's that when you visit USF/IOA there are places that make you say "oh wow they need to do something here." And USF/IOA have yet to reach their full potential in a variety of ways. IOA lacks in indoor entertainment - both in rides and shows, and USF has an abundance of screens.

It's not that they want less theme parks, it's that when you visit USF/IOA there are places that make you say "oh wow they need to do something here." And USF/IOA have yet to reach their full potential in a variety of ways. IOA lacks in indoor entertainment - both in rides and shows, and USF has an abundance of screens.
I agree. Also.

Attachments

• both.jpg
    both.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
Again not sure why we really need EU at all. Just bring Nintendo back to the area next to E.T., get rid of Fear factor and add the new broomstick and maybe the Ministry of Magic attached to Diagon Alley and fix Fast Furious as a indoor/outdoor coaster. Then come up with a new IP/ride to replace Shrek and eventually the Simpsons area. Add Zelda where poseidon adventure is and call it a day. I watch the update videos of the construction going on and looks almost the exact same since 2019. I know they stopped construction during the pandemic but at this rate are they still on track for an opening of 2024/25? To me that's sounds very aggressive timetable. I know the parks are packed now but I don't think they mind that as it just means more dollars signs to corporate.
Word from some insiders is that Universal is not comfortable with attendance much higher than it's 2019 peak. Guest satisfaction drops as attendance starts exceeding capacity by too much. With all of these new hotel rooms, and
more coming (and that's where the money is with on site tourists), it's pretty evident a third real theme park is needed to keep the momentum, and profits, ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.