Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That fact that I'm 17 now, which is close to 18 which is close to 20 and 20 is ten years away from 30 is freaking me out. Sounds super stupid but by the time Universal's 3rd park is up I'll be almost 30 which is old for me. Holy :poop: that small sentence just gave me a 1/4 life crisis lol.

Edit: super irrelevant sorry.
It could be sooner, but that depends on a lot of factors: 1) How do they want to time the next Orlando park relative to Beijing? It sounds like 2020-2021 will be all about Universal Beijing, and that means that the earliest we'd probably see a new Orlando park is 2022 I would guess but having 2 massive projects like this being built at the same time is a drain on resources, especially when you consider just how much work they're doing on the other parks with Nintendo/DreamWorks etc. all going on at the same time.

2) Land: right now around the 3rd park land (475 acres) is about another 800 acres or so owned by Stan Thomas. Do they want to try to secure that land before starting to build the 3rd park and raising the value of that land to $2+ billion?

Also don't worry about hitting your 30s, you'll have a different perspective when you get up here. ;)

Reactions: LJGonz and tielo
So with this "reveal" in the D23 thread of possible opening by 2021, what we really thinking for here?

Thinking Ips will be Universal/Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, and a Nintendo property for sure with such a soon starting construction if this is true.

So with this "reveal" in the D23 thread of possible opening by 2021, what we really thinking for here?

Thinking Ips will be Universal/Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, and a Nintendo property for sure with such a soon starting construction if this is true.

I'd be willing to guess HTTYD, Fantastic Beasts, Two original UC lands and Pokemon.

IOA opened with Marvel, Seuss, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, Port of Entry and Lost Continent. Which, in theory; was about 6.

If they have Two expansion pads; that can allow eight areas for future use of the park, and that would actually be great for Universal to do.

Six Hyperrealistic lands; Based on popular IP's that have ride potential and an original thing for Universal Creative to toy around with, making something unique.

I'd be willing to guess HTTYD, Fantastic Beasts, Two original UC lands and Pokemon.

IOA opened with Marvel, Seuss, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, Port of Entry and Lost Continent. Which, in theory; was about 6.

If they have Two expansion pads; that can allow eight areas for future use of the park, and that would actually be great for Universal to do.

Six Hyperrealistic lands; Based on popular IP's that have ride potential and an original thing for Universal Creative to toy around with, making something unique.

I've heard Beasts and Jurassic World.

Reactions: Mike S

Zelda still hasn't been accounted for in Orlando either yet; might be paired with Pokemon.

Maybe the IOA project hinted at in the D23 thread unless that was the DC replacement.
Yeah that's possible.

To me, while I think Zelda is iconic and deserves something; I want to wait for it. Especially as Pokemon created a genre when you come to think about it.
True; Mario and Pokemon are definitely the 2 main Nintendo IPs, Zelda's a distant 3rd, but I think it can properly hold its own given the IP lends itself to a sort of "kingdom" setting with Hyrule and all; in that sense, it's probably easier to pull off than Pokemon which doesn't lend itself to a land as easily though it's as well known and popular an IP as any.

Disney has something else planned to combat a potential 4th gate at Universal. I've known about it for several months now and some incredibly subtle words uttered in today's keynote confirmed it.

Ironically, building a 4th gate may be Universal's worst possible move. Disney, and I'm not kidding here, has something that will rob them blind.

Disney has something else planned to combat a potential 4th gate at Universal. I've known about it for several months now and some incredibly subtle words uttered in today's keynote confirmed it.

Ironically, building a 4th gate may be Universal's worst possible move. Disney, and I'm not kidding here, has something that will rob them blind.

I can't see a fourth gate for Universal being a bad thing.

I'm not sure what Disney could do that would ruin a 4th gate - guests are now visiting Orlando with both resorts in mind, so unless Disney has something so incredibly expensive and loved that guests will just avoid Universal, I don't see Universal regretting expanding their current offerings...

Reactions: 12th Man and Mike S
Well...it will be a bad thing for Universal's ROI, let's put it that way.

How exactly would that hurt?

The only things I see from WDW's 50th so far to me, is Tron; Ratatouille; something for DHS and something for Disney's Animal Kingdom. I don't see Guardians or completed Future World, so that would leave it up to refurbishments of Magic Kingdom Fantasyland attractions, updates for all of the 360 theaters at Epcot, something to take care of Star Tours for good, and maybe something small for Disney's Animal Kingdom.

I can't see them expanding upon Marvel due to contractual reasons, and if Star Wars Land expands; it'd be too soon in my eyes.

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki
Universal doesn't really have a choice, the first 2 parks are space limited, and they have the IP and more importantly attendance to justify a 3rd major theme park.

Universal's parks are profitable at much lower attendance numbers because they keep the costs under tight control; a 3rd park would probably be profitable at a half the attendance each of the other 2 currently get. What could Disney do to somehow prevent that from happening?

Reactions: Andysol and Frogki
Yeah, the fan based "competition" between the parks does get old after a while. While both parks obviously enjoy stealing each others thunder and trying to best each other in the game, they also both realize that they gain a great deal more in attendance and revenue by having each other around. The competition, while real, is friendly - and necessary to create great new experiences for all of us as guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.