Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would however argue those people who already were going to Universal would go to Universal anyways. The new park most likely would need to attract demographics with large disposable incomes more so than just retaining the same demographic currently. Disney is starting to do that with all the male IPs being the main focus of the parks.

I do think the star wars hotel potentially will hurt Universal at the same time hurt Disney parks. People will have to choose between the parks or for a room. At that price point, its really expensive for a very short experience.

With UniversalDisney getting in each others lane, that's why its important for Universal to diversify instead of just focusing on just the BIG IPs but on more niche which aren't being represented in any other theme park market. It doesn't need to be full land on one IP but even a toon lagoon version with a bunch of IPs represented could bring a lot of people who enjoy those IPs into the park that normally don't go to theme parks because they didn't have things that interested them. The Big money makers are assured to bring in the masses but not those who don't like mass marketed products.
A small capacity hotel will hurt nothing. There are enough very wealthy people at WDW itching to spend money on this.

We can argue back and forth whether or not Uni should build the park, but do you really think they're just not going to? Really? Really?!
Yeah, whether the park is successful or not... (and most of us think it'll be immediately more successful than IoA was at launch because of how much better prepared Universal is and how much stronger it is financially), it's going to be built.

I'd put the odds of there being a new gate at 99% by 2030 at the latest. That other 1% is literally nuclear war or Comcast turns into Enron in the next decade sort of like Vivendi when they had to firesale land and various divisions of the company because of debt problems...

Reactions: Joel and Ryan
Yeah, whether the park is successful or not... (and most of us think it'll be immediately more successful than IoA was at launch because of how much better prepared Universal is and how much stronger it is financial), it's going to be built.

I'd put the odds of there being a new gate at 99% by 2030 at the latest. That other 1% is literally nuclear war or Comcast turns into Enron in the next decade sort of like Vivendi when they had to firesale land and various divisions of the company because of debt problems...

I'm with you.

The past few years have shown that Universal IS ready for a new park. If you think about it, Universal is literally getting ready to drop off their 1st kid (north resort) off to college and getting ready to have a new child (the south resort).

At this point, I think everybody else (SeaWorld especially) probably has more to worry about than Disney/Universal about each other. They're growing the market but also taking all of that growth. There's nothing left for anybody else in or around Orlando.

In that sense, the smartest thing Six Flags has done is stayed out of Florida...
When your main players are trying to outdo each other on experience and price, sea world will always have a place as a more affordable add on to a trip to either resort/local friendly/thrill ride center/ seasonal event park. Sea world can absolutely build $25m coasters at their attendance level consistently and have a place in the market. They just need to avoid trying to compete on the same level as universal or disney.

Reactions: UNIrd and Cheezbat
Pardon me for being curious, but why was DoubleJ banned, Unless I missed something, it doesn't look like he did anything out of line. From where I'm standing, it looks he got banned because you didn't like his pov, which scares me.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Pardon me for being curious, but why was DoubleJ banned, Unless I missed something, it doesn't look like he did anything out of line. From where I'm standing, it looks he got banned because you didn't like his pov, which scares me.

I have a very good feeling why DJ was banned, it sure as heck wasn't because he had a different pov. I have a feeling he was banned for being a downright Disney Shill/Mark/Mole.

After all of the exciting D23 stuff announced recently, I feel even more excited about what Universal is doing over the next decade. It looks like Disney is waking up and us consumers can only benefit from Universal's answer.

Reactions: Frogki
For real. Orlando theme parks are about to change for the better. There is nothing to complain about.
Yeah, I think the one thing people forget sometimes is just that the Orlando market has been growing since WDW was first built and will probably grow for at least a few more decades just due to population growth in the Southeast and from overseas tourism.

Disney/Universal aren't in a market share fight here; both keep growing the Orlando tourism market and the vast majority will try to check in on both offerings. As long as that's true, there's a healthy market for upgrading the parks and a potential new Universal gate.

Anything that one of the operators does to help bring people to Orlando will probably benefit both for now.

Reactions: Frogki and Mad Dog

I have a very good feeling why DJ was banned, it sure as heck wasn't because he had a different pov. I have a feeling he was banned for being a downright Disney Shill/Mark/Mole.

No and no. Let's move on, please.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Okay. Wow, that was a lot of thread to catch up on.

So, how about this for the new park:
  • Jurassic World - Pretty Certain. Gyrosphere ride would be cool.
  • Fantastic Beasts - A Shoe-in
  • Nintendo Phase 2 (or 3 by then) - Could be Zelda's Hyrule, maybe a Pokemon land too
  • Secret Life of Pets ride - If USF or IOA hasn't gotten it yet
  • Universal Monsters Haunted Castle Ride - My own idea, Universal you listening? All the monsters star in a spook ride through Dracula's Castle.
  • Hello Kitty playland and kiddie rides - Why not?
  • Middle Earth land - If the lawsuit's over, perhaps there's a chance.
  • How to Train Your Dragon - I dunno, there's already so much out there in other parks already, but at least a meet and greet
  • Kung-Fu Panda Interactive dark ride - I know, I'm just making stuff up
  • Madagascar Boat Ride - Maybe an entirely new version, not the lame Singapore one
  • Sci-Fi City - With a Pacific Rim coaster featuring giant moving Kaiju and Jaegers fighting in the center
Just throwing out ideas, seeing what sticks.

Reactions: 12th Man
Status
Not open for further replies.