Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody owns Blumhouse.

There was a reason Jason Blum owner of blumhouse was present at the Universal Cinemas opening. They have a Spielberg deal with him. (Universal is his home studio but he can make films for anyone else he wants. The positiive is that even if another studio releases he owns that IP so they could use.

I think JW will have an outside ride, but I don't think they should do a giant steel outdoor coaster in this park. Going to catch hate for that, but it's not worth it in Fl

As far as other video games go; if Warcraft the Movie had done a lot better and launched a legit franchise of movies, that may have been something worth pursuing, but given that it flopped and Activision-Blizzard sort of retreated from licensing out movie rights, it's probably not worth pursuing.

It's hard to find video games as valuable as Mario and Pokemon. Pokemon video games sell like 5 million units every other year in the US when it refreshes; go try to find a franchise that can compare to that...; or find something that compares to how dominant Mario was in the 90s and 00s; everybody knows those franchises and they sell a lot of other merchandise; Pokemon has TV/movies as well.

You don't want to make stuff that's too "only gamers will relate to this" (hard to find a single word that describes that effect).

The only stuff that's really out there are franchises like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto (but I doubt Universal would ever need that when they already have F&F).

The only other video games that would interest me as a theme park attraction are Halo for a warthog keep ride with interactive shooting, and a Uncharted area to step on Disneys Indiana Jones toes.

The good thing about Zelda (a big positive in its favor) is that it's based on a simple world/city with a castle. That's an easy sell in terms of converting to theme park IP.

It's more simple to translate to a theme park experience.

Last edited:
I think JW will have an outside ride, but I don't think they should do a giant steel outdoor coaster in this park. Going to catch hate for that, but it's not worth it in Fl

I can only see them doing outside rides like Big Thunder Mountain or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Nothing like Hulk or Rip Ride Rockit.

Reactions: Mad Dog
There is an uncharted movie in the works with Sony pictures so I could see a ride based off that depending on the success. The problem with most videos games is most story/ adventure games don't last more than a few years. So a movie franchise would be the only way I could see a theme park adapting them. Obviously Nintendo is the exception.

Uni should be getting one like that with Donkey Kong if i'm correct... I haven't been following SNW too closely simply bc nothing is happening yet so maybe that's changed.
I don't think the outside of DK will look like anything, just a warp pipe. But once you go through the pipe, youre in the world of Donkey Kong. Like completely immersed.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and Nick
So DK is inside mostly?
If what I have been hearing is correct, yes. BUT, it will feel like your outside in the jungle. Yea, one of those type deals. Should be incredible, with views of the coaster from the ride entrance - as if it's all outside, but within a gigantic show building. Again, if what I've heard is correct.

Personally, I love inside settings that feel like outside, like the Mexico Pavilion or even Knockturn Alley.

This may mean the ride is always set at night. In a dense jungle. So they have more control over lighting and you know, no rain.

If what I have been hearing is correct, yes. BUT, it will feel like your outside in the jungle. Yea, one of those type deals. Should be incredible, with views of the coaster from the ride entrance - as if it's all outside, but within a gigantic show building. Again, if what I've heard is correct.

Personally, I love inside settings that feel like outside, like the Mexico Pavilion or even Knockturn Alley.

This may mean the ride is always set at night. In a dense jungle. So they have more control over lighting and you know, no rain.
I hope part of the ride also goes into a cavern area like in the games. The cavern theme worked really well in Gringotts I think UC would kill it for DK.
But thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.