Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Motorbike, out of the traditional coaster set, offers the best opportunity.

I’d much rather see something completely new and innovative for the property. Something on the level of new that Spider-Man was when IoA opened

Normally I would agree with you, but this is HTTYD we’re talking about. It’s a great IP, but it’s a smaller one. Properties like Nintendo, Lord of the Rings, Shrek, and Classic Monsters are much more likely to get the groundbreaking tech.

A wing coaster would work but probably too intense for the demographic.

Not if it’s built as a family friendly attraction. No inversions.

Normally I would agree with you, but this is HTTYD we’re talking about. It’s a great IP, but it’s a smaller one. Properties like Nintendo, Lord of the Rings, Shrek, and Classic Monsters are much more likely to get the groundbreaking tech.

Ehhhhh. I think this kind of thinking is flawed. When opening a new park it’s not gonna matter.

Also, don’t hold your breath on LOTR

I don’t think it’s about “passing”. I think it’s possible the barriers to entry will be cost prohibitive.

But from what I’ve heard, I’m not expecting it to show up in Park 3.
My biggest concern had always been that both parties could make it happen on every point but money. I say both because I don't think working out an agreement with Warner Brothers would be any problem.

Even if we don’t get LOTR, my argument still stands. Other than DK, Shrek and HTTYD, none of the other IP’s support coasters.

All blockbuster IPs can handle a coaster....its all about the imagination. You must throw yourself into a world of pure imagination. A dark ride can be a coaster such as what you see below. (watch with sound)

Its more so choosing what it the method to best tell a story that utilizes said IP which isn't always a coaster. They could've made one fish two fish red fish blue fish a raging dueling coaster but it wasn't the best way to tell the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridgepole
I am still wanting Wizard of Oz, being that the Wicked movie comes out next year and it's the 80th anniversary for the 1939 film, I'm praying we get a big section of Oz.
Rumor had it that Wizard of Oz was the emergency plan for Marvel super hero Island. If the Marvel theme park rights were ever sold back to Disney they would immediately change it to Oz. Don't know if it was just simply an overlay or they actually had new rides planned.

Rumor had it that Wizard of Oz was the emergency plan for Marvel super hero Island. If the Marvel theme park rights were ever sold back to Disney they would immediately change it to Oz. Don't know if it was just simply an overlay or they actually had new rides planned.
Green coaster? Wicked Witch is green? Wicked Coaster. Easy peasy.

I hope this never happens. Spider-Man is a modern classic and I can’t imagine the world without it.

DC was the original proposal before moving on to Six Flags. Wizard of Oz was represented in MGM Studios which may or may not have led to the removal of any further development.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
DC was the original proposal before moving on to Six Flags. Wizard of Oz was represented in MGM Studios which may or may not have led to the removal of any further development.
This was more recent than that. This was after Disney bought Marvel.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz book in the public domain. The movie is not. Universal could do anything based upon the books that they wanted. Universal is doing the Wicked movie.

There is an old Land of Oz theme park on top of Beech Mountain in North Carolina that is restored and opens up for a few days every year.

Turner owns the movie rights now. The book is in the public domain. If ya gotta copy the movie, gotta go to Turner. If you are creative and copy the book, it's free.
sorry GD. My internet is fung schway today

This was more recent than that. This was after Disney bought Marvel.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz book in the public domain. The movie is not. Universal could do anything based upon the books that they wanted. Universal is doing the Wicked movie.

There is an old Land of Oz theme park on top of Beech Mountain in North Carolina that is restored and opens up for a few days every year.

I’m sorry but this just doesn’t seem true to me. The first subject I want to address is, who here even thinks Oz is relevant anymore? Idk if it’s just me that thinks this but this would be a horrible idea. The Wizard of Oz replacing MSHI, let alone being at IOA just seems like a seriously unrealistic joke. Like, the Wizards of Oz...? Doesn’t this seem super foreign and weird to anyone. I still can’t rap my head around this. Oz has a place maybe in a park built in the 70’s *maybe, But IOA? No. Sorry to offend anyone who likes this Idea or Oz. I really just can’t comprehend this. Maybe it’s because I’m on the younger side but we’re in 2018. This would appeal to barley anyone, including kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.