Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw an IP out there: Mission Impossible. I've not seen the new one but the reviews are looking good and the franchise has developed into something great with it being vague enough to adapt to whatever it needs to be for a ride or a show.

Reactions: JMalez and belloq87
It's possible that Universal could still get Ready Player One, due to Universal's past partnerships with Amblin Entertainment (Jurassic Park, Men in Black) and due to Universal Pictures minority stake in Amblin Partners. RPO isn't out of the equation just yet, even if most of WB is.

It's also possible that they can partner with Paramount Pictures again (they've done so before, with Transformers), to gain rights to the Mission Impossible series, Interstellar, World War Z, and certain Nickelodeon properties. They could also choose to make additional attractions based on Transformers if Bumblebee does well.

And lastly, there's Sony Pictures. They own the rights to the Jumanji series, James Bond (which was previously rumored to go into USF), Hotel Transylvania, and Goosebumps, along with other properties. This is an intriguing option.

I don't think Mission: Impossible could sustain a full land by any means, but a standalone attraction? For sure. The obvious angle would be a stunt spectacular, but I could also see something along the lines of a Tower of Terror-type ride working; the franchise has often featured characters at great heights in danger of plummeting to the ground.

I don't think Mission: Impossible could sustain a full land by any means, but a standalone attraction? For sure. The obvious angle would be a stunt spectacular, but I could also see something along the lines of a Tower of Terror-type ride working; the franchise has often featured characters at great heights in danger of plummeting to the ground.

Back when the Paramount Park plans were still in the making, there was an Indiana Jones-like dark ride in the works for M:I

I think Universal will be mostly focused on internal IPs except for Nintendo and Potter.

One question: How in the world will Universal make three other lands out of their own IP's? DreamWorks is obvious, Classic Monsters is a likely choice, but what about that third land? There's nothing substantial to put there that isn't currently used in one of the parks.

Reactions: belloq87
One question: How in the world will Universal make three other lands out of their own IP's? DreamWorks is obvious, Classic Monsters is a likely choice, but what about that third land? There's nothing substantial to put there that isn't currently used in one of the parks.

5 lands:
  • Hub and Port of Entry
  • Nintendo
  • Dreamworks
  • Monsters
  • ?????
I don't know if Potter counts as one of their IPs. Sure they don't own it but they have the rights which is as good as.

Nobody said there has to be a set number of lands or that they all have to be equal size. A DreamWorks Animation land could be huge with the sheer number of things they've done.

I'm currently going by that "Five Lands" prediction that someone said on here, but you're right about about the equal size portion.

5 lands:
  • Hub and Port of Entry
  • Nintendo
  • Dreamworks
  • Monsters
  • ?????
I don't know if Potter counts as one of their IPs. Sure they don't own it but they have the rights which is as good as.

I believe someone said that the entrance and hub don't count as a land.

------------------------------------

Here's a thought: If they go with a Sci-Fi area, they could use some of the TV properties from SyFy. NBCUniversal owns them, and it could boost the lineup.

I'm currently going by that "Five Lands" prediction that someone said on here, but you're right about about the equal size portion.

I believe someone said that the entrance and hub don't count as a land.

------------------------------------

Here's a thought: If they go with a Sci-Fi area, they could use some of the TV properties from SyFy. NBCUniversal owns them, and it could boost the lineup.

I think it definitely counts as a land, whether it counts as one of the 5 themed lands is another point.

I think a Sci-Fi area would add a good balance to the park overall. I wonder if they would clone the Battlestar Galactica coaster from Singapore or do they view that as laziness or want to avoid the trouble of having another duelling coaster.

I think it definitely counts as a land, whether it counts as one of the 5 themed lands is another point.

I think a Sci-Fi area would add a good balance to the park overall. I wonder if they would clone the Battlestar Galactica coaster from Singapore or do they view that as laziness or want to avoid the trouble of having another duelling coaster.

No chance they do another dueling coaster

More so Looney Toons. Still don’t see DC coming.

Maybe add some more cartoons like getting Spongebob and TMNT.

No way Looney Toons comes to new park. Six flags would have to give up the rights and then subsequently rebrand their kid land in every single one of their parks nationwide. And to what?

The premium they would charge for the massive overhaul/hassle is just not feasible. I think you can throw the LT idea away.

Reactions: Legacy
No way Looney Toons comes to new park. Six flags would have to give up the rights and then subsequently rebrand their kid land in every single one of their parks nationwide. And to what?

The premium they would charge for the massive overhaul/hassle is just not feasible. I think you can throw the LT idea away.

I've always had this crazy thought that Six Flags would make a deal with Universal to allow DC or Looney Tunes in Universal parks but Six Flags will be allowed to have a clone of whatever rides they make.

I've always had this crazy thought that Six Flags would make a deal with Universal to allow DC or Looney Tunes in Universal parks but Six Flags will be allowed to have a clone of whatever rides they make.
Then what is Universal's incentive? Whatever they build would be available regionally.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.