UO Security Problems? | Inside Universal Forums

UO Security Problems?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2014
I wanted to start a thread about this and see what everything thinks about it.

A few months ago my father was banned from all Universal Orlando property over the means of disorderly conduct. Yet he doesn't know what he did and believes he didn't do anything wrong. The story he told me (I was away at a Yugioh tourney) him and my sister went to Universal to try to cheer up after a unfortunate death in the family. They did the usual of seeing the characters, see the Horror Make-up show, ride some rides, then see Beetlejuice. On being seated in the beetlejuice theater, my dad and sister were approached by security and was told to come with them. My dad was shocked and asked why. The security team said they needed to ask a few questions and that no one is in trouble and everything will be okay.

So my dad and sister went with them to the security building, splitting up them both in to two different rooms. They began asking my dad questions like: What do you know about siblings?, who my sister was? After that, my dad was telling them that he had no clue what they were saying and didn't know why they were asking these questions. Security then went to my sister and demanded her to answer questions like who my dad was and relation to her was. She didn't understand what was going on and asked for her to be put in the same room as my dad, they refused. Basically after that, they decided to ban my father from all property till 2099. Not even telling him what he did wrong or what the reason was. So he was taking to his car with my sister and told to leave and never return.

After that event, all workers we knew personally and were friends with stop talking to us 3 and we were all heart broken. Days after, my dad researched about the security and found stories from other family about having the same problem he had with the same security, contacting them and telling my dad to get a lawyer and contact Universal. He has tried both, but none seem to work, Head of security, guest service, and two buddies of mine from school that know people that work at USO said that they do not have to tell us why he was banned nor there is no way for him to get the ban off. So we are stuck in a position and we don't know what to do. :embarassed: This is coming from a family with the father going to the parks since opening, son and daughter going since birth, done nothing nor will do anything wrong to hurt Universal. All we want is for my dad to be able to visit the parks again.

If any of you know what we can do it would be very helpful and thank you for taking your time to read this.

Universal security has a bad reputation of abusing the power they seem to think they have. They can be unneccesarily aggressive a lot of the time and it really is unfortunate that a company as guest service-oriented as Universal lets their security get out of hand (of course, this only applies to a few guards, whereas the majority are very pleasant and helpful).

That being said....we clearly dont know the full story here. A ban until 2099 seems very extreme, and Ive never heard of things being taken that far. There has to be more to the story. I am not in any way insinuating that you or your pops arent telling the truth, but the details are kind of shoddy. Maybe if you could ask your dad for a clear and detailed play by play, then the cause of the misunderstanding would be more apparent. Sorry that that happened to your dad...hopefully it gets resolved.

Yeah, a family doesn't arrive from Vermont or Tennessee on vacation and get immediately banned. Someone in this story broke the rules, probably repeatedly, and is probably a local.

Not the whole story indeed.

My guess on this is That you explained that Both of them were upset about something
Universal Security was not sure your sister was there of her own free will.
So they questioned both and got attitude when asking.
By the end of questions they knew he was her Father but did not know what else was going on

Some other guest may have tipped security that your sister was upset/did not want to be there.

I know this is your father and you know he is not a child predator.
But Universal Security Doesn't know that .
They came down on the side of making sure Children are SAFE on property.
They Banned him because of an action reported to them (or witnessed by them) and let him stay (or bring other children onsite)
The liability is enormous.

Making one person (or a few) mad is protecting a billion dollar business.

Last edited:

Hahaha, that website is absurd. Thanks for the laugh. I particularly like how they think they punished UCF and the City of Orlando by not letting their daughter attend their school after they mailed them "post card after post card".

Every single story they list starts off with someone doing something wrong. They also clearly post the annual attendance of the resort - well over 5 million since 2006 - yet they only list a handful of incidents. Talk about a small percentage.

Some people are just crazy.

This just doesn't happen for no reason. I call BS.
Bans are related to behavior, so that rules out theft (where bans + charges are brought). Either repeated breaking of the rules or disorderly conduct, if this happened at all.

Alright allow me to chime in...

I've probably had more encounters with security than all of you combined and I will be the first to say they've DRAMATICALLY improved their policies, attitude, and department communications. Of all my encounters I had one bad experience and it was in reality a miscommunication and over reaction on my part. Nothing more and nothing less. I was contacted by corporate and no harm no foul it all was explained, apologized for, and we moved on. During all the other encounters I've had every single one of them have been positive to at the very worst neutral. Have I had security take a gander at me in the park? Yeah.. Did they have every right too? Yeah lol they did. I understand that and respect that given my past. But as far as every other encounter I've had its never been anything less than pleasant. I've had security wave, smile, even approach me just for conversation and park chit chat. I mean just last Saturday the Tim Tracker and I were having a great time with UO Security and OPD outside the entrance to Roanoke while we finished our beers.

My point being MOST of UO security is made up of some great people that love the parks just like we do. Its their job to protect us in a world full of crazy whackos, mass shootings, and predators. Do some of them have the "roadhouse bouncer" mentality sure, but those are seemingly rare these days with better communication coming from the top. The original post is missing numerous points of interest and information. I'm not saying the father is guilty, and I'm also not saying he's innocent. But with the lack of key information I see no point to continue this thread as its basically a one sided argument against those that cannot defend themselves or at least contribute their side of the story.

Thread Locked :lock1:

Reactions: PourJudgment
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts