Upgrading An Annual Pass? | Inside Universal Forums

Upgrading An Annual Pass?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Just curious if anyone knows if there is a way to upgrade an annual pass from one level to another?

I'm getting a voucher for a Preferred Pass and I am hoping to upgrade that to Premier (the level I have now). I'd guess there's a way to just pay an upgrade fee and I know all I have to do is call or visit to find out, but if anyone has information or experience with this I'd appreciate the info.

I paid for a standard but upgraded to the premium. Just went to guest services paid the difference and I was good to go with my new pass.

I think it is. No blockouts, free valet or preferred parking, ticket to HHN and 8 free bottles of water.

I think it is. No blockouts, free valet or preferred parking, ticket to HHN and 8 free bottles of water.

I've been debating getting the premiere pass. A few questions:
Can the HHN ticket be given to someone else?
How good is the valet parking?
How much on average do you tip for each time you valet?
Where do you go to valet?

Anybody have experience with adding the coke UPC to get the extra 3 months? I wanted to order an annual pass at the gate, and try and get the free 3 months. Is this possible?

Anybody have experience with adding the coke UPC to get the extra 3 months? I wanted to order an annual pass at the gate, and try and get the free 3 months. Is this possible?

I did it for a friend once. It was a cup from somewhere, I think, or it might've just been an advertised offer. Either way, I'm pretty sure it was a limited time offer.

You might be able to get info from the AP help line: 1-866-PASS-4-FUN :thumbs:

I've been debating getting the premiere pass. A few questions:
Can the HHN ticket be given to someone else?
How good is the valet parking?
How much on average do you tip for each time you valet?
Where do you go to valet?
1 Yes, the HHN voucher can redeemed at guest services for an off-peak ticket that you can give to anyone. I've done that myself. It can NOT be upgraded to a peak ticket or frequent fear :-(
2 I use valet almost every day and have never had a problem, except at peak times it can take 15 minutes to get your car back.
3 I tip $1
4 valet entrance is across from the hub drop off entrance, next to mini golf; you enter the walkway to CityWalk just before the last moving sidewalk.

Thanks GA and Seth!!

Seth that sounds very enticing, the main draw for me with valet would be to get away from the huge lines at the ticket booth (especially HHN). I've tried preferred a few times and while it is pretty nice, getting across traffic to get there isn't the most fun and finding a spot can be difficult.

$1 tip I would totally be up for (waiting 15 minutes for them to bring me my car isn't a big deal). I was worried I would be paying more for the ticket for better parking but spending a bunch of money in the process too.

Thanks GA and Seth!!

Seth that sounds very enticing, the main draw for me with valet would be to get away from the huge lines at the ticket booth (especially HHN). I've tried preferred a few times and while it is pretty nice, getting across traffic to get there isn't the most fun and finding a spot can be difficult.

$1 tip I would totally be up for (waiting 15 minutes for them to bring me my car isn't a big deal). I was worried I would be paying more for the ticket for better parking but spending a bunch of money in the process too.
Unfortunately, free valet is blacked out on select event nights, specifically during HHN and Mardi Gras. You still get free preferred parking. I make a point of parking by 4:30 on HHN nights to avoid those crazy toll booth lines!
Some people tip $2 or more, but since I'm there 250+ days per year I can't afford more than $1 ;-)

Unfortunately, free valet is blacked out on select event nights, specifically during HHN and Mardi Gras. You still get free preferred parking. I make a point of parking by 4:30 on HHN nights to avoid those crazy toll booth lines!
Some people tip $2 or more, but since I'm there 250+ days per year I can't afford more than $1 ;-)

Oh shoot that hurts a little bit. HHN nights there is pretty much no chance on me getting out there that early since I work till 6:00, and that is the line I dread most.

$2 would probably be OK with me too, I just worry that they would look at me like a cheapskate for only giving them a dollar or two and taking them away from a better tip. I always try to tip above normal for the people at the theme parks because I know they must have to put up with a lot.

The premier is around $100.00 more than Preferred.I have Handicapped parking so Valet is not Much of an upgrade.I got a FF+ pass for $74.00 last HHN So a regular HHN ticket with AP Prefered discount is around 35.00. So 8 Bottles of water are not worth $65.00 to me.The after six is not much of a perk since I try not to go on not busy days. On not peak days they are not open past 6.

The premier is around $100.00 more than Preferred.I have Handicapped parking so Valet is not Much of an upgrade.I got a FF+ pass for $74.00 last HHN So a regular HHN ticket with AP Prefered discount is around 35.00. So 8 Bottles of water are not worth $65.00 to me.The after six is not much of a perk since I try not to go on not busy days. On not peak days they are not open past 6.
Premiere is currently $125 more expensive for FL residents. You should also factor in the additional 5 to 10% discount on food & merch. The express access actually starts at 4pm, I find it comes in quite handy.

Premiere is currently $125 more expensive for FL residents. You should also factor in the additional 5 to 10% discount on food & merch. The express access actually starts at 4pm, I find it comes in quite handy.

I only do 3 or 4 days every other month.Preferred gives food and merch discount also(that is what I have)
I have had mine a few years when I bring someone else with me I get them a power pass the first year and upgrade to preferred the second year (only 25.00 more than power renewal)

P.S. I am out of State

1 Yes, the HHN voucher can redeemed at guest services for an off-peak ticket that you can give to anyone. I've done that myself. It can NOT be upgraded to a peak ticket or frequent fear :-(
2 I use valet almost every day and have never had a problem, except at peak times it can take 15 minutes to get your car back.
3 I tip $1
4 valet entrance is across from the hub drop off entrance, next to mini golf; you enter the walkway to CityWalk just before the last moving sidewalk.

I thought once you had the ticket it was a normal ticket. I know mine had nothing special on it, so why at the end of the night would I not be able to upgrade to FF like anyone else is able to upgrade their ticket before they leave the park that night? That is what I was thinking of doing this next time around.

The ticket scans as a "complimentary" ticket with no value when you go to guest services after getting in to HHN. I was denied the upgrade last year. BUT, I simply walked out of guest services and found some people about to leave, found out they were using just a regular one day admission ticket. Since they had no more use for it, they gave it to me and I walked to guest services and upgraded that ticket for a FF.