Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USA Today's Best New Attraction of 2020 Poll

Best New Attraction

• Cheetah Chase-Holiday World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic Happens Parade-Disneyland

• Mystic River Falls-Silver Dollar City

• Texas Stingray-Seaworld San Jose

• West Coast Racers-Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Awesome Planet-Epcot

• Total voters
Aug 7, 2018
USA Today's Website is looking for votes for the best new attraction (my default vocabulary wants to say ride, but some of these ain't.) RotR, Bourne, and MMRR are all in the running.

I'm surprised by the leaderboard there, so I was curious what this crowd prefers.

Note: I don't care what the name of the park is, I'm calling it MGM. :deadhorse:

This isn't even a contest that the best is Rise of the Resistance... but there's a huge asterisk imo because a year into operation, the ride still is having major operating trouble.

This isn't even a contest that the best is Rise of the Resistance... but there's a huge asterisk imo because a year into operation, the ride still is having major operating trouble.
There's 12 options on their poll and Rise is only in 6th place. Bourne is #2.

I'm generally confused because the biggest thing against Rise is people getting access to it, but Bourne opened in June during a reduced capacity socially distant summer. Then again that does run consistently since it opened.

There's 12 options on their poll and Rise is only in 6th place. Bourne is #2.

I'm generally confused because the biggest thing against Rise is people getting access to it, but Bourne opened in June during a reduced capacity socially distant summer. Then again that does run consistently since it opened.
The reduced capacity at Bourne is still enough to handle its demand with reasonable wait times. If you aren’t refreshing your phone at 7:00:00, you can’t get on Rise. It’s long past due to rip the bandaid off and let a 3-5 hour standby line cull demand because there are people who would go to Studios and be perfectly content to not ride it, but go ahead and swing the bat in the free Fastpass lottery.

I have no qualms with Orion in first - if you build a B&M giga, you deserve to win an award or two.

The reduced capacity at Bourne is still enough to handle its demand with reasonable wait times. If you aren’t refreshing your phone at 7:00:00, you can’t get on Rise. It’s long past due to rip the bandaid off and let a 3-5 hour standby line cull demand because there are people who would go to Studios and be perfectly content to not ride it, but go ahead and swing the bat in the free Fastpass lottery.

I have no qualms with Orion in first - if you build a B&M giga, you deserve to win an award or two.
But do you still deserve it after building what is arguably the worst B&M giga?

To be frank, objectively, the answer to this is Rise. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is by far the most impressive out of all of these attractions. That said, credit where credit is due, if show was its own category, Bourne would also be the objective #1.

If it’s a clone then the first model should get the credit. JMO
Yeah, but DHS’ version opened in early December, when people vote on end of the year things. Think about it - we’re talking about this on December 10th. RotR opened on December 5th last year, meaning very few people would’ve been on the ride by this point.

Yeah, but DHS’ version opened in early December, when people vote on end of the year things. Think about it - we’re talking about this on December 10th. RotR opened on December 5th last year, meaning very few people would’ve been on the ride by this point.

I guess our perspective is skewed being in FL. Since a lot of parks would be closed right now anyways.

Very few people have still been on the ride at this point. :rimshot: