Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO?....Definitely, not something that will ever come to bear.....Universal now has so many IP's, you'd think they'd be considering their own IP's outside of Potter.
Agreed. I hope we see more Universal IP based attractions added soon, and with the same level of care and detail that UC shows to outside IP's.

Im mainly hopeful of this cause it means MIB would likely stay for a bit longer. Im not really sure what they would do though unless extended london was incorporated into World Expo and it all kinda ran together

Maybe it's just me but I think extending the potter london facade even just to FFL would be a bit too much. maybe if there were a way to have a sort of back entrance to MoM and something other than London could be more upfront? idk im honestly just spitballing rn

Maybe it's just me but I think extending the potter london facade even just to FFL would be a bit too much. maybe if there were a way to have a sort of back entrance to MoM and something other than London could be more upfront? idk im honestly just spitballing rn
It's possible Ministry of Magic entrance is only from inside Diagon and just looks like trees from outside the area. Would certainly save money on theming the front.

Just buy Goldeneye for N64. It doesn't get any better than that.
Eh, it doesn't really hold up today and isn't as good as we all remember.

GoldeneyeScientist.jpg

goldeneye-007-u-snap0026.jpg

What do people want out of a Bond attraction?

That's a good question. I don't really know what approach would best service 007 in a theme park setting. The obvious angle would be a stunt spectacular, a la the one the Goddard Group & Ralph McQuarrie proposed for USF in the 1980s...

007McQuarrie_Logo_web1-1024x637.gif

A stunt show on that scale would be pretty impressive, but I don't think Universal has any continuing interest in that type of attraction.

Eh, it doesn't really hold up today and isn't as good as we all remember.

GoldeneyeScientist.jpg

goldeneye-007-u-snap0026.jpg

Never judge an old game based on its graphics! GOLDENEYE was groundbreaking in several ways, and as someone who played all the way through it again just earlier this year, I can attest that it's still a ton of fun.

That's a good question. I don't really know what approach would best service 007 in a theme park setting. The obvious angle would be a stunt spectacular, a la the one the Goddard Group & Ralph McQuarrie proposed for USF in the 1980s...

007McQuarrie_Logo_web1-1024x637.gif

A stunt show on that scale would be pretty impressive, but I don't think Universal has any continuing interest in that type of attraction.

Never judge an old game based on its graphics! GOLDENEYE was groundbreaking in several ways, and as someone who played all the way through it again just earlier this year, I can attest that it's still a ton of fun.
God, I love Goddard. That way would've made a great show back then. But yea, not something we'd see now. The sub and water bullet hits remind me of some of the water portion of Disney-MGM's Production Tour.

As someone who loves retro gaming and has built several retro gaming consoles with nearly every pre-Game Cube era game out there, I just can't get down on N64 anymore. It is just brutal. SNES is still so incredible, but I just can't do anything on N64... including Ocarina, which for it's time, was THE game. :jaw:

Anyhoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.