USF Project? | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we still expecting a closure announcement for Shrek sometime this year? I've been hearing of another Dreamworks property (other than SLOP) coming to the parks, and I think Shrek would be the best location for it.

Are we still expecting a closure announcement for Shrek sometime this year? I've been hearing of another Dreamworks property (other than SLOP) coming to the parks, and I think Shrek would be the best location for it.
*prays for How to Train Your Dragon*

Same goes to Panda IMO. The environments from the series, especially KFP2 and 3; have a lot of potential ideas that they could go and use with.
Unrelated and unlikely, but the Po character hanging around Islands a while back had me thinking that a panda area would fit in Lost Cont fairly well.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Alicia
Roll away skip... I'll cash in the told you so later.

You are not the first to pass this way.

I'll say this, if something changed it did so very recently. Afaik most of the construction plans were done for the KidZone location and managers/TMs were informed of a relocation coming by the end of 2017.

I don't think anything has changed, and this sounds like wires getting crossed somewhere in regards to a Phase 2 situation, but we'll see.

The only other plots I can imagine working for Nintendo are Toon Lagoon and Park 3. But that leaves the issue of what to do with KidZone. TL is very dated but at least the attractions are enjoyable. KidZone is.... yeesh.

Yea, exactly why I think it'd be a titanic blunder. The land is going to be incredible either way, and could be even more incredible with more room. But KidZone is a huge blackmark on a great park, and there is always Phase 2/3 possibilities for Nintendo down the line with other properties.
The one upside if they went with IOA is that IMO that park is screaming for the same attention USF is getting. Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon are 100% due for replacements, and MSHI and Jurassic are based off some of the hottest IPs right now yet have gotten little attention. So SNW would breathe a breath of fresh air into the park. Otherwise, I agree. KidZone NEEDS to go and SNW would be the perfect replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.