USF Prop Shop Update Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How well does Brown Derby connect to the strip of shops? Does it connect?

Just wonderin'

Might be connected by some backstage hallways, but I was thinking the Brown Derby would act as more of a boutique shop for seasonal/temporary changes. It struggles to gain any business previously, so something targeted towards APs/fans would be ideal here.

Any hypothesis on why the move is being made from NY to Hollywood? Gotta imagine there's something that'll go into that empty space in NY that would be more profitable than extended queue for Mummy.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Any hypothesis on why the move is being made from NY to Hollywood? Gotta imagine there's something that'll go into that empty space in NY that would be more profitable than extended queue for Mummy.
Mummy queue and maybe EU preview center?

I can’t figure out why they would purposely use Consolation vs Consultation, so I’m assuming that’s just a typo. :lol:

Edit: I am excited about the move. Curious to see the new layout.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how it will look in a new area - I hope it flows in a similar way to how it does now and doesn't have to suffer any loss of theming level.

There's nothing that bothers me more than temporary sandwich boards that last for months/years... opening up the plaza in front of Mummy is an operations dream. Hopefully they give a queue a decent design so it's not just tv screenz and empty walls.

Man, all the shops in Hollywood are pretty tiny. I'd hate to imagine what the tribute store would look like at HHN when the NY store is already packed.

Yikes.

Extended queue for Mummy. :lol:

Clearly, Mummy needs to take a page out of Forbidden Journey and move the lockers outside to the front so that they have more space inside.

Anyone have pics of what Mummy’s queue looked like before the tribute stores?

IMG_20200223_174206_0.jpg

Wow that’s weak. Hope whatever comes next is either production theming like the current beginning of the queue or museum theming like the facade. Most importantly, it should have monitors playing the pre show video so there’s more time to take in the backstory.

Man, all the shops in Hollywood are pretty tiny. I'd hate to imagine what the tribute store would look like at HHN when the NY store is already packed.

Yikes.

Clearly, Mummy needs to take a page out of Forbidden Journey and move the lockers outside to the front so that they have more space inside.

IMG_20200223_174206_0.jpg

Weren’t the lockers originally in the courtyard before being moved inside?

Yikes.
This is my concern - I hope we're not losing much space for the tribute store, especially with how popular they are. Especially with it being SMACK DAB in the middle of a scare zone. I know technically it's in a zone in NY, but at least it's at the front rather than the center.

Wow that’s weak. Hope whatever comes next is either production theming like the current beginning of the queue or museum theming like the facade. Most importantly, it should have monitors playing the pre show video so there’s more time to take in the backstory.

They do have monitors that play the regular queue video.