Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I hear reviews from users like this, part of me wishes Universal wasn't so concerned with preserving part of the building for a HHN black box and designed something at least on par with Midway Mania. Heck apparently early rumors had this be trackless dark ride. Some rides would simply work better as an actual ride and this is one of them.
I don't think making it a ride would make the shooting mechanics any less confusing for people who don't know how to play though. What it really needs is an active tutorial in the beginning. The instructions being only on screens or posters on the wall doesn't help most people in a theme park, especially if the line is short and you don't have time to watch or read them.

I don't think making it a ride would make the shooting mechanics any less confusing for people who don't know how to play though. What it really needs is an active tutorial in the beginning. The instructions being only on screens or posters on the wall doesn't help most people in a theme park, especially if the line is short and you don't have time to watch or read them.
Midway Mania has a tutorial in the beginning.

Midway Mania has a tutorial in the beginning.
The tutorial is basically pull the string and get a feel for the physics, it doesn’t really need it.

Successful shooter rides (Buzz, MIB, Toy Story) have obvious targets that basically scream THIS IS THE TARGET. Ones that aren’t as great (this, Spider-Man at DCA, and throw the gunner position on Smugglers Run in there) are exercises in randomly machine-gunning at a screen.

I thought it was fine. The app is neat, the conveyor belt worked surprisingly well, but not being able to keep the trigger pressed killed my hands :lmao:

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I agree that the shooter mechanics can be confusing. That said, I got the hang of it pretty quickly (like, before the end of the first room). You just need to pay close attention and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which icon/symbol is yours.

Reactions: Coolbfitz